America's favorite pass time

AMBER'S P.O.V.

I laid in Pony's bed. Pony wanted to finish his card game with Johnny before he went to bed, so I lay alone. Sodapop mentioned me and Pony sharing a room, but I thought he was kidding. When I tried to go into my old room, Soda had already moved in. Before I came to my newly shared room, I asked Soda why he didn't move into the guest bedroom earlier. He said that Pony has bad dreams if no one sleeps with him, so Soda shared a bed with him. But now that he has a girlfriend who happens to also live with them, if was a perfect excuse for Soda to have his own room. While I was in the hospital, everyone helped move my stuff into Pony's room. Apparently according to Two-Bit, Steve was very ambitious about moving my clothing. If you know what I mean.

I laid in Pony's bed which was very comfortable. I wore one of Pony's t-shirts and some pajama shorts. I was thinking about what Dallas had said. He asked everyone if they knew what tomorrow was. They all nodded, then I asked what tomorrow was and Dally looked at me and asked me if I played baseball. Then he got up and left. That was the end of the conversation. 

Back in the future, I had played softball for a long time. I played for my middle school and high school team. I know baseball is different than softball, but I had played a lot. Though, I hadn't told them that. My plan is to just play dumb until we start playing, and then whoever got me on their team will be happy. What can I say? I'm full of surprises. When I played, I was a first basemen, it was only because I was so flexible that I was good at it. Also, I was a big hitter if you don't mind me bragging. I'm usually not one to brag, but I was excited for tomorrow.

I heard the door creak open and I pretended to be asleep. Only because if Pony knew I was awake, he would come and jump on the bed like he did the first time we met, and I was in such a comfortable position. He stood at the foot of the bed changing. I pressed my eyes shut trying not to open them no matter how much I wanted to. Then I felt the other side of the bed dip down, and him crawl under the blankets. He wrapped his arms around me and I nustled into his embrace. "Should I be worried about tomorrow?" I asked him sleepily.

"I explain what's going on in the morning. Johnny just beat my ass at cards, and I don't feel like talkin'." He said jokingly.

"Oh, don't go to sleep pouty Pony." I said playing along.

"What are you gonna do about it?" He asked, even though my back was to him, I could tell he was smiling.

"This." I flipped over and kissed him on the nose. "I loveeee yoouuuu" I said holding out my words.

"I love you tooooo" He said with emphasis on the "too". 

I fell asleep with him cradling me in his arms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to Two-Bit running the room and jumping on our bed. He howled and shouted. "Two-Bit, what the hell." I moaned. 

Pony moaned sleepily too and hid his head under his pillow. 

"Do you know what day it is?!?!?" Two-Bit yelled shaking me.

I sat up swiftly. "No! No I don't! Cause' no one will freaking tell me!"

Pony laughed from under his pillow and Two-Bit got up from our bed. 

"Pony, you got an glove?" Two-Bit asked.