Meet and greet

"So who were those guys back there?" I asked Johnny while he and I sat in the back seat. (Soda was driving, but I'm not sure it was his car) 

"Well" Johnny started, "To make it short, Tulsa is divided into three main groups: The greasers, which we are. We don't have a lot of money and coincidentally, some of us put a lot of grease in our hair. There are the socs, who are the rich, snobby kids. Those guys who beat us up back there were socs, socs usually like beat'in up greasers when in small groups."

"What's the last group?" I asked.

"The lucky ones. Middle class, they live a comfortable life without the drama of greasers and socs." Johnny looked sad, but ever since I met him he looked sad, he looks like he's been through something tough. 

"So Amber, how old are ya?" Asked Soda changing the subject. 

"Fifteen next week," I said 

"Well I and Johnny are 16 and Steve here is 17." Stated Soda.

"Yeah but I like younger girls." Said Steve.

I laughed and so did everyone else. I liked these boys. They were nice and kind, and those kind of boys are hard to find.

We pulled up to a small peach colored house and the guys started getting out. Steve jumped out and opened the door for me. "Thank you, Steve," I said climbing out of their car. 

The guys walked into the house before me. When we walked in I saw the house was cozy, and I immediately liked it. Three guys sat on the couch. When they saw me they all perked up. One stood up "Who's this broad?" He said coming closer to me. I smiled enjoying the compliment.

"This is Amber Peterson." Said Soda putting his arm around me. "She is turning 15 next week" He added looking at me with a sense of pride. 

"That's sure a perty name." Said the guy who complimented me. He smiled as charming as he could.

"Amber," Soda continued, "The creepy one right there is Two-Bit Matthews," Soda said gesturing to the guy standing up. "Two-Bit is 18" Two-Bit took an overdramatic bow and smiled all funny like. I giggled. "This badass over here is Dallas Winston." A tall very handsome guy stood up and looked me up and down. 

"You can call me Dally." He said smiling a smile no girl could resist. 

"Dally here is 17" Soda added

"Last but not least this is Darry, Darry is my and Ponyboy's older brother. He is 20. Speaking of, where is Ponyboy?" Soda asked in Darry's direction.

"At the movies, should be home right about now," Darry said looking at his watch.