Chapter 14

*One week later*

Adam Wilson

"Adam!" I heard Mason shout my name. I looked towards the direction and spotted him waving at me. He was with two other guys, probably his friends. He told me they would be joining us.

This is the second time I'm bowling with Mason. The first was just both of us last week and we had such a good time, we decided to do it again. This time he invited more of his friends he wanted me to meet.

Thankfully the bowling club wasn't packed at all, unlike the last time. We could secure at least four bowling alleys to ourselves, one for each man.

"Mason." I said while giving him a bro hug.

"This is Adam, he was once a victim at my hospital." He said and I laughed. "These are my friends Fred and Hendrix." I shook hands with them both.

I grabbed a beer bottle off the table where we were all seated. I usually don't drink beer but I could manage one or two bottles.

"So what do you do Adam?" Hendrix asked.

"Uh, I own a company, it's called Wilson & Co. We deal with aerospace, defence and security."

"That sounds interesting." Fred said.

"Yes and very innovative as well." Hendrix added and we all laughed.

"Indeed" I smiled. I love to boast about what we do. "We provide different services from flight management systems, to tactical satellite communications, image and audio analysis, we even provide cyber security."

"That's amazing. And your office is here in New York?"

"Yes." I brought out my business card and handed it to them both. "This is my card. You can come see me anytime if you need to discuss business, advice or any other thing at all."

"That's excellent but enough with the business talk." Mason said. "Were here to bowl!"

"The looser pays for everything." Hendrix said and we all agreed.

Apparently Mason was great at bowling, he beat me the first time. Most of his shots were strikes and he got a total of 270 points. He finished first while Hendrix was second with 239 points. Fred who had 201 points came third and well, I was last with just 175 points.

"Sorry man, lunch's on you!" Fred patted me on the back.

"What happened Adam? I thought you were good at this?" Mason said. "Or is something snaking you? Are you still thinking of Sophia?" He whispered the last part.

"You're bringing her up, I thought the plan was to keep her out of my mind. But yes, she might have been the cause of my distraction. Lately, I've been eating my heart out." I said to him.

"Sorry man, but for now, Can you get me an egg mayo and pickle sandwich." It was like he didn't even hear what I said to him about Sophia.

"Are you serious?"

What a dick!

A waitress came and everyone placed their orders. The guys made sure to order large because they knew they weren't paying.

"I'll have the multi-grain with grilled turkey." Fred said.

"I'll go with the avocado sandwich." Hendrix said as well.

For me, I chose two double BBQ Beef with sweet onions.

"Are you stress eating?" Mason smirked at me. I knew he was making fun of me again.