Epilogue

"Say 'mama'." Sophia mouthed the words to little Ben in her hands, with crazy hopes that he would somehow repeat them.

He only stared back at her with his cute wide eyes. They were just as blue as his father's.

Of course he wouldn't respond! She thought to herself. He was way too young to speak!

"Oh, what an adorable creature." Ben's grandmother chimed. "I can't believe I missed his birth."

Getting Adam to reconnect with his family had been an impossible task for Sophia, at first. But when it finally came down to the wedding, Anne González realised that there was no way she could miss her son getting married for anything in the world. She and Chloe Wilson, her daughter, flew in from Spain a week before and attended the ceremony.

And it was absolutely magical. The morning session was held in St. Thomas Church on 5th avenue and the reception was held in an intimate suite at the Plaza Hotel, suitable for their 100 guests. Sophia had worn a beautiful maternity lace dress by Madeline Gardner. She looked so stunning that Adam gently cried as he watched her walked down the aisle with her father.

Sophia and Anne got along really well in the week leading up to the wedding, which surprised her. She didn't think that her mother-in-law would be such a nice and caring woman. Perhaps, Adam got those traits from her, and he'd gotten his hard and firm demeanour from his late father.

"Oh please let me hold the cute little thing." Anne held out her hand and puckered her lips towards Ben.

"Of course." Sophia laughed and happily gave him to her. She was glad that Anne was here to take care of Ben. She'd already had immense support from her own parents but she was glad that Adam's mum was there for her too.

"Oh, how I wish I had been there to hold him when he came into this world." Anne sobbed as she cradled her grandson in her arms for the first time.

She went back to Spain after the wedding with the hopes of returning before Sophia's due date but the baby came a week earlier than estimated, and she'd missed the birth. It had also taken a while before she could get proper time off work to help look after Ben in New York.

"It's okay, Anne. You only missed the first two months, but you have him now." Sophia smiled at her.

Anne stared at Ben with awe and then turned to Sophia. "Thank you, my dear. Thank you for giving us such an amazing boy."

"Oh, don't be silly. It's my absolute pleasure to bring such an amazing human into this world." Sophia said contently as she too looked at little Ben.

Anne was extremely happy that her son found love with a beautiful, strong and selfless woman like Sophia. Initially, she had been worried that her son might end up alone or with the wrong woman. But she couldn't object to Sophia at all. She absolutely loved and adored her.

Sophia was the one who reached out to her and Chloe directly, introducing herself and inviting them to the wedding. Anne thought it was quite a brazen thing to do, considering that she hadn't spoken to her son for years. But the fact that Sophia was willing to take that step and help reconnect her with her son was something she instantly admired about her. Chloe also took a liking to Sophia and they both got on very well. She was the perfect role model for her daughter and an amazing mother to her grandson.

To top everything, she was a perfect wife for her son. She'd felt their chemistry during her last visit. It was extremely strong and passionate. She was sure that it would never wear out...