Chapter 41

Sophia Parker

"Tell me about this one." I rubbed the scar by the side of his knee.

"Fell off from a motorbike." He said casually from behind me. His breath tickling my ear.

"When? And how?"

"Its stupid. I was in college and we were racing. Sean was there too."

"Really?" I scooped some of the water into my hands and poured it on his knee.

Like that was supposed to make any difference to the scar!

"Yeah... he was." He threw his head back onto the edge of the bathtub and relaxed, his arms gripped both sides.

"Just our of curiosity, did Sean ever get interviewed for his position?" I asked.

While I was at Wilson & Co, I remembered reading his application for the role of Head of Accounting and Finance. When I recommended him, Adam merely laughed. Plus, I don't recall Sean ever getting interviewed. I could bet it had something to do with their friendship.

I could hear and feel Adam chuckle from behind me, causing my own body to move in sync with his.

"Yes, I did interview him." He said.

"When? I swear you didn't. I never setup an appointment for him." I said, reminiscing those days when I used to be his personal assistant.

"That's because I did it over the phone. Although it was more like an informal chat, than an interview."

"Aha! I knew it. That's nepotism!"

"Call it whatever you want Sophia." He ran his fingers through my wet hair, moving it all to one side before he gently rubbed the skin at my shoulder. "Sean has all the right skills and experience. Plus, he's doing me a huge favour by working under my company, because quite frankly, he doesn't need to."

"Is it because he comes from a very wealthy family?" I asked.

"How did you know that?" He asked with a hint of astonishment.

"Um, we dated... remember?"

I could literally feel his body become taut after what I said. Gladly, he couldn't see my face, which meant that I didn't have to withhold the huge smile that ventured across my lips. I don't think Adam will ever come to terms with the fact that Sean and I actually dated, which I will forever find amusing.

"I'd rather not." He said grimly before he dismissed that topic entirely. "I've always known Sean to be discreet about his family. Which is why I took surprise to your awareness."

Knowing that it might aggravate him, I decided to pick up topic of us dating again.

"Oh, but surely, as we were once together, it's reasonable to expect that I am VERY acquainted with Sean... in ways that are well above the average-"

I was cut off when Adam instantly sprout up, bringing his lips dangerously close to my ear.

"Mention his name one more time, and I swear-"

"Or what?" I challenged before he could finish his threat. The once still water around us was now splashing around due to his swift movement.

I didn't have to wait too long before I found out what he would do. He leaned over my shoulder and captured my lips in an instant.

"Mmm..." I responded swiftly.

I didn't mind this sort of punishment for talking about Sean... considering he was the one brought him up in the first place. I'd endeavor to talk more about him in future.