My wife-Part 5

So I'll pick up where I left off. When I finished my previous post, I went to bed, ready to go to the local Starbucks the next morning to finish reading the diary. Surprisingly I actually fell asleep, all the while Natalie holding my hand and telling me everything was alright. I woke up at 3:00 am again, feeling thirsty. By now, I've realized that this is not really normal but then again, nothing has really been normal. I decided to go down to the kitchen and get a drink of water anyway. As I tried to slip out my hand from Natalie's she instantly woke up "What's wrong honey?" she inquired. Her eyes were not sleepy, it was as if she wasn't really sleeping at all. "Oh nothing love, I just need to get a drink of water" I replied. Before I even got out of bed she was out of bed and ready to go down with me. She held my hand and walked me down to the kitchen as I got a glass of water. She was being over protective, too protective. Mind you, there wasn't anything really wrong with her, she was herself, but I couldn't help but feel that she was making sure I never see the entity again, which is why every chance she got she tried to be around me. We went back to bed, and I fell asleep knowing that Natalie was probably not going to sleep at all.

In the morning, she asked me several questions about why I was going to work. I made up some decent excuses. "Sweetheart, I will be fine. I thought you said it was over? They are gone." I told her. "Yes, of course. I just wanted to make sure. I just want to spend as much time with you as I can, after all that's happened" she said with almost a sad look on her face. I arrived at the Starbucks, ordered some coffee and without further delay pulled out the diary and began reading. Before I tell you about the contents of the diary, I want to make some observations regarding the diary itself. It was very old, leather bound, almost falling apart. It had several different types of hand writing throughout, suggesting that it had been passed down and multiple people had taken notes in it. The notes within the diary were scattered, and I have tried my best to piece everything together.

The diary began by telling the story of two sisters, who were both born a year apart. The first was Madeline, born on March 11, 1800. A beautiful girl with bright green eyes, she was the first child to her parents. The second daughter was born on March 11, 1801. This seemed a little odd to the parents, but they didn't give it too much thought. Since their second daughter also had green eyes like her older sister Madeline, they named her Caroline. As they grew older, the parents realized that both Madeline and Caroline were identical. And not just identical twins, they looked exactly the same. It was only later that the parents realized, not only were the daughters born on the same day, they were both born at exactly 3:00 am. Initially they went and saw several different doctors but none of them could explain this strange phenomenon. All they could conclude was that this was a strange anomaly. Eventually, the entire family just accepted the strange phenomenon and continued on with their lives. Of the two sisters, Caroline, the younger one was very lively and energetic. She had a way with words and all the townspeople were very fond of her. Madeline, the older sister was quiet natured. She didn't speak too much, and over the years had come to envy her sister Caroline. Caroline would sometimes pretend to be Madeline to confuse people. For the most part, the sisters were like any other siblings with usual conflict every now and then.

Now this next part of their story takes a dark turn. It turns out that both Madeline and Caroline fell in love with the same man. Thomas was a very wealthy business man, and they both got to know him because he worked closely with their father. Seemingly, Caroline admired Thomas's wealth more than anything, whereas Madeline was in love with Thomas. Thomas chose to marry Caroline, not knowing that her affection wasn't real. Being the quite one, Madeline didn't say anything. On their wedding day however, when Madeline saw Caroline getting ready to put on her wedding dress, she couldn't contain her anger and frustration and confronted her little sister. In a heated argument, she accidentally pushed Caroline down the stairs, causing her to die. What happened next was even more bizarre. In a state of shock and emotional distress, Madeline hid her younger sister in the closet, put on Caroline's wedding dress and proceeded with the ceremony. Madeline got married to the love of her life, and proceeded to move forward with her life as if nothing had happened. A few days later, Caroline's body was discovered. The reason they knew it was Caroline is because the parents had secretly marked both sisters with two distinct burn marks on their backs. Once word got out, Thomas left Madeline in utter disgust. Madeline realized that her life was now ruined, realized what she had done and hung herself. Now I realize that Caroline was always the one who smiled, the one who talks and the one who can imitate people. Madeline, on the other hand, is the twisted form of the entity.