It was real or was it?

Growing up I didnt have many friends, I was always the quiet, weird, lonely kid that no one talked too because it could lower their social status. I am guessing. I really didnt care much about it until I reached high school where I finally got tired of being the 'quiet, weird, lonely kid'.

First week 9th grade: It was high school I wanted a fresh start I wanted to be 'cool' and I wanted to 'fit in', but besides all that I wanted friends.

The first week was chaotic. Teenagers trying to find their classes, catching up with friends and what they did over the summer. I just walked past all the laughing and happy faces.

I went to my first class of the day and everything was going smoothly. Until we had gotten a knock at the door.

The teacher went and opened the door and there stood a tall, skinny boy. He looked malnourished and dehydrated. He had on glasses and his clothes were pretty dirty like he rolled in sand before he came here. His hair was shoulder length and unkempt, but it looked like he tried to tame it.

"Hello, I am Mrs. Shae. Are you in the right class?" The teacher says with a smile on her face.

Most of the class laughed and made fun of him. They gave him a nickname too. Mr. Sandman.

But, I really didn't care what he looked like I wanted friends no matter what they looked like.

He pulled out his schedule and very awkwardly handed it to the teacher.

The teacher smiled and stepped aside to let him in.

"Choose any seat and you can sit there for the rest of the school year."

I shut my eyes and crossed my fingers wishing, praying that he would sit next to me.

I am going to be the very best friend he's ever had. I thought and miraculously he sat right in front of me.

The teacher went on and on about what we would be learning but i didnt care i was thinking on how i would approach my new best friend.

When the bell rang I tapped him on the shoulder.

He looked back at me and said "I am here to be your friend. I have seen you have been alone all your years and I am here to accompany you for the rest of your life."

I was a little weirded out by that but I just let it go.

"My name is Cassie, by the way" I say to him with a huge smile on my face.

"The names Ethan and this is going to be an eventful school year." He said smiling creepily.

I smiled back ecstatic about my new friend. He was a little weird but that was okay because i was the weird quiet lonely girl and im sure we would have made the best awkward friends in the whole school.

Two months into the ninth grade year Ethan and I were inseparable. Except when we were at home. Ethan was his usual awkward weird self and I was still quiet. But, when we were together we were talking non stop.

"I really like that show maybe tomorrow you could stop by and watch it with me." I say to Ethan.

"Of course, Cass."

Ethan has extremely bad anger issues if I remember him telling me. He was getting bullied but he didnt mind it he just told me he would deal with it. I told him just tell the principal but he just yelled at me and said he would deal with it.

That night when we were watching the show Ethan said he had to go home and do some cleaning up. I didnt think much of it because we were teenagers we have chores and curfews.

The next day Ethan was not at school and neither was his bully. Ethan always came to school I wanted to check on him but he didnt give me his number or address. Now Ethan's bully was hardly ever at school so i didnt much care.

Two weeks in and still no Ethan or his bully.

At this point i was starting to get worried. But, my worries really hit the mark was when Steven, Ethan's bully had been reported missing last week.