What if

What if you woke up and like every other day, you find yourself out of place? You don't feel like yourself, you feel like you're in someone else's skin...

This isn't a short story or fiction based on a thought. No, this is one of the strangest moments in my life. I will never forget this day.

I often dwell on the past a little too much, almost like I'm supposed to. Almost like a burst of memories and at the same time, De Ja Vu. What if we are clones or another self from another plane that has replaced our past self? Perhaps we could be the person on the other side of the mirror.

I started to question my place in this reality when I saw something strange. Again, this is real and not a piece of fiction. I'm genuinely scared even thinking about it.

One day, I had a stye in my eye. I visited the doctor and they told me to place ointment in my eye. I had to do this on and off for a couple months because it kept flaring up. I noticed one day... a marking inside the pocket of my eye where I apply the ointment. It almost looked artificial. It almost looked like a number. I couldn't quite make it out. I took a photo and still couldn't make it out even though I zoomed in.

This wasn't even the weirdest part... This was early in the afternoon. I watched a bit of Netflix and fell asleep. I woke up in the evening when my parents cooked dinner. I attended dinner, as usual. Once finished, I decided to go back to bed. I fell asleep quite quickly. I woke up early in the morning. I had a shower and did my morning 'business'. As I'm applying the ointment in my eye, I remembered about that strange marking. I completely forgot about it.

It seems as though it disappeared. Gone! Vanished!

I decided to check my phone for the photo. It wasn't there... I scrolled through and nothing. I was quite spooked at this point so I decide to go and ask my parents to see if I mentioned something during dinner. They said that I didn't even attend dinner. At this point, I was freaking out. They said my dinner was in the fridge. I thought that they may have been mistaken, so I decided to check. The same food that I ate the day previously was there. I thought it was creepy as hell. I remember the chicken was slightly undercooked. By undercooked, I mean it was pink. My mum usually over cooks meat so there was no way it could have been a coincidence.

I decided to ask my parents to see if I was a little bit off the day before. They said I didn't even come out of my room. My pants almost became a toilet at this point. I rushed back to my room to check my pill container. I set up my days and put pills inside each day slot. I usually forget that I take them half way through the day. Better to be safer than sorry. I don't want to overdose on antihistamines. My pill slot was empty for the day before....

This proves I was awake, it wasn't a dream. I don't take pills, drugs or drink alcohol heavily. What happened to that mark? What happened on that day? Why was my photo erased?