Apartment

I'm not sure what's going on exactly. All I know is that if I don't get some help soon that I'm going to starve to death, or worse. A little backstory. I live alone by myself in a one bedroom apartment on the 11th floor of an apartment complex. I have lived here for about 2 years, and have never had anything weird happen at all.

I woke up and got ready as usual, got dressed and ready to leave to head to work. The only thing was when I went to open my door, it wouldn't budge. I checked everything that I could think of, the locks, the hinges, tried to take the pins out, I couldn't get the door to budge at all. After calling into work and telling them I was going to be late, I called the number for the desk downstairs. I told the receptionist what was going on and she said that she would send the maintenance man up to help me out. After about ten minutes I realized that it might be a while, so I decided to watch some TV to pass the time. After about 45 minutes I decided that it had been enough and once again called down to the front desk.

The woman at the front answered with her usual dry tone, "Rein Management, how may I assist you?"

"Hi this is the tenant in apartment 114, I called earlier about having someone come help me with my door? I'm late to work and was just wondering when I could be expecting someone to come help me?"

The line went silent for a couple of seconds, and then a man's voice came over the line.

"Hello sir, this is John the maintenance man of the building. I came up to apartment number you gave me and knocked but there was no answer. We used a spare key and the door opened just fine... There was no one in your apartment."

"There's no way. I've been here the whole time. You must have gone to the wrong apartment. It's apartment 114."

"No mistake sir, we went to...." and the line went silent. I checked my phone again and saw that I was still connected to the call. I hung up and then tried to call back but it was no use, my phone was now saying that I had no service. No matter where I went, I could not get a phone call to go out. The only thing that seemed to still have a connection to the outside world is this computer actually.

I sat there for a while debating on what I should do. I decided to go to my window and shout out to see if I could get someone to help me. No matter how hard I tried the damn thing would not even budge. It was then I think that I really started to realize that there was something strange going on. From that point I lost it, I decided that I would pay for the damages and break down my door if it meant getting out. I was starting to become scared and I just wanted to see the outside. I went to the hallway and got a hammer out of the drawer and smashed it into the door as hard as I could. The wood splintered and cracked around the hammer until I had made a hole big enough to fit my hand into. A huge chunk of wood gave away, and to my horror, where there should have been my hallway, was another door the exact same as the one I had just demolished. I continued to tear away at what was left of the first door and tear into the second door, and then the third. I swung and swung until my arm was dead and I couldn't swing it anymore. It was no use, for some reason I'm stuck in here.

I got on my computer to see if I could get a hold of someone on facebook to come and let me out. I'm not sure what the rules are yet, I know that I can connect with some people, but so far every message that I have sent to a friend or family member has just sat in their inbox unread. I'm not sure if they just aren't getting it, or if they have opened it and I'm just not able to see that they have.

I decided that I was going to just go lay down, that maybe it was all a bad dream and that I would wake up and it would all go away. I crawled into my bed and eventually drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up the first thing I noticed is that it was dark outside. I checked my clock and saw that I had slept until 10 at night. I immediately jumped up and ran to check the door. No matter what I did it still wouldn't budge. I sat down in the middle of my living room facing the door, unsure of what to think or do. A few minutes passed by when I heard something coming from my bedroom. I was hesitant to go in at first, but eventually made my way into the room. I looked all around before finally stopping at the closet door. The noise was a low hum, and it was definitely coming from behind the closet. I sat there staring at it for a few minutes until deciding to open it. I had almost brought my hand all the way to the handle when it started to shake and rattle. It was so hard and so loud that I thought it was going to break at any minute... but it didn't. I ran out of the room, slamming the door behind me and made my way to the bathroom, and jumped into my bath tub. I sat there all night until finally falling asleep.

I woke up this morning still in the bath tub. It was completely quiet in the apartment so I went into the living room to check if the front door would open. To my complete surprise, the door was gone. Where just yesterday was the white wooden door, there was now just plain wall. At this point I started to break down. I felt a panic attack coming on and dropped to my knees. I slowed down my breathing and told myself to calm down. If I lost it in here I was fucked for sure. Something is going on and I needed to figure out what it was. I went to my phone, dialed the downstairs number only to the same result as before. Not to be discouraged I went to the bedroom to grab my laptop. The closet door was still there, taunting me from the corner of my bedroom. I felt a shiver run through my back and ran to the living room. I opened the laptop and saw that I was still able to get on the internet. Still no word from anyone online. In fact I had no notifications, messages, or anything. I laid my head down in despair, and in response felt a grumble in my stomach. I instantly felt my heart drop. In all the mess I had not even stopped to think about food. I went to the kitchen to check on what I had. I had just recently gone grocery shopping, and could probably ration out what I had for a few weeks if I had to, but just the thought frightened me. I grabbed a pop tart and headed to the couch to sit down and eat. I put in my headphones and decided to listen to music to help relax. As I sat there with my eyes closed and my head back, I felt a shiver run down my spine. I opened my eyes immediately to see an envelope sitting on my coffee table with my name on it.

I almost threw up I was so nervous. Was someone in my apartment with me? How did this get here? I jumped to my feet and investigated every corner of the apartment. When I finally came to the bedroom, I hesitated as I came to the closet door. My hand began to shake as I extended my reach to the door handle and I couldn't contain myself as I jerked the door open. There, staring back at me, was my bare closet. I felt a rush of relief, instantly followed by a feeling of embarrassment. The feeling was short lived though as I immediately remember the letter sitting on my coffee table. I made my way back to the room and picked it up, handling it like a bomb.

The envelope was a brown one, like the one that you would get legal mail in. There was nothing on it save for my name written in black marker. I ripped open the top and emptied the contents onto my table. At this point I was more confused than ever. A single white piece of paper lay there, nothing written on it. I turned it over, held it in the light, and could find nothing to it. I even tore apart the envelope and still found nothing. I had finally decided that maybe I was going crazy and decided to go lay back down again. Laying there once again I heard the closet door start to shake and rattle. I jumped up and flicked on the light. I decided I was going to take the chance and see what happened. I made my way across the room, gripped the handle, took a deep breath and threw the door open. Just as I did the light bulb in my bedroom burst, and I was instantly in darkness again. I ran to the door opened it and flipped on the hallway light, and as soon as I did the closet door slammed shut with a loud BANG, and I could have sworn before it did I saw something rush back into it.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed another light bulb and cleaned up the mess in the bedroom. Since then the closet door will now not budge. That was about 2 hours ago and the next ...I found out I'm dead.