My eyes

Ever since I was younger, I remembered that people liked my eyes and that they would always say that I was given then as a gift at birth. I didn't really think of them all that much, but people kept telling me otherwise.

My eyes were hazel colored with patterns that were in neat order. They had no unneeded marks or overgrown lines that showed and they would glow whenever the sun had hit them. It was like they were handcrafted for me to use with my body, but once again, I didn't really think of them all that much.

That was until I got a bit older.

I was in highschool and I was a bit of a shy kid. I was a freshman at the time, so I stayed by myself a lot, had a group of people I could hangout with at times, and wasn't really the object of anyone's bullying. I could keep myself out of trouble, so it wasn't a problem for me.

My classes were calm and we had our work done relatively early, so we were able to mess around and do our own things whenever we had the time. During those times though, people would spend their times spreading rumors and chatting about crushes, recent fights, and all of the normal highschool drama. I would usually be working on class assignments and listening to music so that I could get better grades.

Except for this particular time, I got interrupted by someone and they wanted to ask me something.

"Hey. You have very pretty eyes. Is it okay if I look at them?"

"Um... Sure. I don't mind."

It was weird at first that this person wanted to see my eyes, but after a while, they had thanked me for letting them see them and walked away. That was when things started to happen.

Randomly, people would come up to me at school and ask for me to stare at them, wanting to see my eyes. Rumors had spread that I had mesmerizing eyes and that if they saw them their questions would be answered.

Of course, none of that was true, but a lot of people came to see them. They just wanted to know if they were good or not.

I started to get attention from a lot of students and teachers. They gave things in order for me to stare at them and I've even had the opportunity to pass a class for a whole year if I just stared at the teacher for all my free times. I passed on the offer, but it was interesting.

It was like I had the world in my hands at that point. I could control the entire school with just one look into my eyes. Everyone was at my beckoned call.

A few months had passed after the rumors had spread and people kept wanting me to look at them. I was at home happy and looking forward for tomorrow morning so that I could continue to see what would happen.

But that night... Something went horribly wrong...

I woke up the next morning, tied up and scared. A light was shining above me and I had been in my night clothes still. The rope was tight on me like a snake on it's prey and I had been struggling to try and get out of them. It wasn't until I heard a door that I found out who did this to me.

"Glad to see your awake."

"Who are you!? Why am I here!?"

"Easy there kid. I mean you no harm. I just want to get a good look at your eyes."

"My what...?"

"Your eyes. I have grown quite fond of them. They are like fleshy gems and I wish for them to be mine, but I know that is foolish to do. So I'm going to keep them here with me, along with the rest of you, until tomorrow."

I was in shock. Some crazy person had abducted me in the night, just so they can look at my eyes. I didn't even know who they were, but they had knew about my eyes.

At that moment, I was losing my mind...

My eyes were turning into a curse as the day went by... I couldn't sleep... I didn't eat.... I wasn't even able to go to the bathroom...

I just had to stare a this person...

I was in torture for all of those hours...

After that, people began to chase me, kidnapped me, and even nearly killed me to see and get my eyes. I couldn't take all the stress, the pain of carrying these burdens...

My eyes had betrayed me and I didn't know what to do!

That's when I decided to get rid of them...

I'm now in the hospital for chemical exposure to my eyes. The burnes have rendered me blind and I basically have only eye sockets now.

I was left to stay in darkness as the hospital began to take care of me.

But you know what...

I don't regret getting rid of my cursed gift...

I don't regret getting rid of my own eyes...