Chapter Thirty-Eight

The next day Rose was exhausted.  She had spent the night at Harry's place and she was dreading what she would have to do today.

She would have to quit her job.

A job that she had worked at for six years.  Her boss, Linda Simmons, had taken a chance on her when no one else would. 

She felt Harry move next to her and he kissed her cheek making a sigh escape her lips. 

"Are you okay?"  Harry asked her concerned.

"Yeah," Rose said in a small voice.  "I just hope she understands. She was so good to me for so many years that I feel bad for quitting. I've never quit anything before in my life.  My dad and mom always taught me to never give up."

Harry could understand how hard this was on her.  Her parents were strict but they loved all of their kids and wanted to teach them good life principles that helped mold them into who they were today.

They were all great kids.  John and Allison couldn't be prouder of all of them and the life each of them were living.

Matthew was just now starting to date someone that they had known since they were in high school as they were in the same class Freshman year.  Her name is Melanie and he always had a crush on him and same with her.  His career was just his focus for so many years with being transferred to so many military bases, it got hard to see each other.  But, as he was able to make a visit back home to Connecticut and ran into her.

Things just clicked.

They had been friends for ten years.  The family, including Rose, were so happy for the new couple and thought it was about time.  Unfortunately, with him living in Georgia because of being stationed there, it was a long-distance relationship.  They didn't seem to mind though, as long as they were finally together now that was all that mattered to them.

Just like the rest of the world Melanie was shocked to hear that Rose was dating Prince Harry, and now engaged.  But she couldn't be happier for her longtime friend.

Nathan along with Candace were still single, but enjoying their job.  Nathan was stationed in Nebraska right now and the Air Force was keeping him too busy right now in order to have a relationship.  But he didn't care, he felt as though he wasn't ready for a relationship. Candace just felt she was still young and wanted to enjoy being single.

So many of her friends that she went to high school with were getting married or having babies and she couldn't believe it. She didn't want to get married just for the sake of getting married. She wanted that true, passionate, and loving kind of love. Just like her older sister Rose had and her parents.

"How about this, don't think of this as quitting. Think of it as the end of one chapter and a beginning of a new one."

Rose smiled at the response Harry gave her.

"Your right."

"I'm sorry, did you just say that I'm right?" Harry asked shocked.

"Yes, I did. Don't go getting a big head now."

Harry let out a chuckle and shook his head. Rose let out a groan and rested her head on her fiancé's chest.

"I don't want to do this today but I know I need to."

"Do you want me to come with you?" Harry asked her.