Chapter Fifty-One

As the couple walked into the Shrine of St. Edward the Confessor, her hand was still in Harry's as the instruments played through out the Abbey.  She heard the large door close behind them as they entered the room.  This was to be kept private.  No cameras on them.  It was just her and Harry and she liked that.  

Looking in the room, she could see a small altar.  It held the papers in which would state that they were man and wife.  The Archbishop handed Harry the pen as he wrote his signature, Henry Charles Albert David.  He a had a glint of mischief, humour, and love in his eyes as he handed the pen for Rose to sign.  She very neatly wrote her signature.  

Rose Marie.

"You are now officially husband and wife.  Congratulations, Duke and Duchess of Sussex.  I expect we will see great things from you," the Archbishop told the young newlyweds.  

"Thank you," Harry and Rose told him with big smiles on their faces.  

Everyone went to the couple congratulating them on their marriage.  Harry was looking at wife as she was enveloped by her mother in a hug as he stood talking to his father.  

"Congratulations, I'm proud of you," Prince Charles told his youngest son.  

"Thanks, dad." 

Harry still couldn't believe that they were man and wife.  Finally.  Rose then made her way over to her husband.  She smiled up at him and looked at him with all of the love in her eyes.  

"You handled yourself well today.  You look beautiful in Diana's tiara," Prince Charles told his daughter-in-law.  

"Thank you."

Prince Charles smiled at his son and daughter-in-law and left them alone just as Rose's mother and father came up to them.  He went to go sign the papers.  

"I just wanted to thank you, Allison.  For everything.  You've been that mother figure for me that I was desperately missing from my life for so many years and I thank you for your love and support over the years," Harry told his mother-in-law as his eyes began to well up with tears.  

"Of course, Harry.  It's the least I can do.  You've made my daughter so happy.  I'm not losing my daughter.  I'm gaining another son."

Harry was thankful that she was understanding and trusted him to be with her daughter.  It was true, she had become like a second mother to him.  He vowed to never take Rose for granted.  She filled that void that had been empty for so many years.  Although he was a man now, a son always needs his mummy. 

"Your dress is simply stunning," Kate told her sister-in-law.  

"Thank you."

She was so glad that she had such a close relationship with Kate and William.  Rose knew that she could come to them for anything as Kate had told her many times.  

"It was touching seeing how emotional you both were when you said your vows.  It brought tears to my own eyes," Kate told her brother-in-law and sister-in-law.  

"I was having such a hard time keeping it together watching you two.  I'm really happy for you both."

"Thank you.  It's really quite hard to keep it all together."  

Rose noticed that her younger brother, Nathan who was now twenty-two, had a strange look on his face.  

"Nathan?  What's wrong?" 

"It's just a little weird.  My sister's a Duchess now."

He had a smile playing on his lips as he was genuinely happy for his older sister.