Chapter 17

Brynn's POV

I had to go and pick Thomas up from his Peewee hockey practice and I instantly recognised Luke standing in the middle of the ice. All the kids were listening to him and I watched him carefully as they ran one last drill. Luke didn't notice me sitting in the seats and I could see he was smiling as he laughed with the kids and skated between them.

He looked like a good Coach and I noticed that Thomas was talking to him as the rest of the kids were dismissed and headed to their parents. I waited and Luke was dragged towards me.

"Brynn, this is Luke and he is really cool," Thomas smiled.

Luke knew who I was but he still managed to smile at Thomas when he knelt down to his level.

"And who is this?" Luke asked him.

"This is my sister Brynn. She is also pretty cool," Thomas smiled.

He then ran off to talk to one of his friends despite me calling after him. The smile disappeared off Luke's face and he turned away from me.

"How come you came over to talk to me if you don't like me?" I asked him.

"How am I supposed to tell a little kid that I don't want to meet his sister because she is a complete bitch?" he snapped.

I didn't have anything to say to that and he skated back out onto the ice. I didn't hang around much longer as I grabbed Thomas and headed out so that I didn't have to talk to him anymore. Thomas quickly noticed that I wasn't in a good mood.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

"I had better things to be doing than picking you up from your stupid hockey thing," I complained.

I had only had to pick up Thomas because Mom had complained to be the other day about some Coach that called her out about being late. Thomas didn't say anything and I slammed the car door before driving away.

Thomas didn't say anything to me as we headed home and I headed straight up to my room when I got there. I couldn't believe what Luke had said to me, what a jerk.

I immediately called up my best friend, Tori and told her about what had happened at the rink. I felt nice to bitch about him. Tori completely understand all my thoughts and she completely agreed what I had said.

"Why did you have to pick up Thomas anyway?" she asked.

"Mom was complaining about this Coach who told her that she wasn't being a good parent. She decided that I should go pick him up so she didn't have to deal with it," I explained.

I rolled over and lay on my back on my bed as we continued to talk. We moved on from Luke to talking about other things instead and it was much better. We continued to talk until I was called down for dinner.

"Thanks for picking up Thomas," Mom said as she handed me a plate.

I shrugged and I was going to tell her more about it later but I wasn't going to do it while Thomas was in the room. Dad was already sitting at the table with Thomas and they were talking about Thomas' day.

I didn't say much during dinner and then headed into the kitchen to help Mom clean up.

"I'm guessing that the guy that told you that you aren't a good parent was about my age, dark hair and dark eyes?" I asked.

"Yeah, how come?" she asked.

"He's in my class and is a complete jerk," I told her.

We didn't talk about it anymore and I headed into my room not long later. I talked to Tori a little bit more before heading to bed.

It took me a while to drag myself out of bed the next morning and to school. I found Tori standing outside my locker and I smiled at her as I unlocked my locker and grabbed my math textbook out. We talked a little bit about Luke before I headed to class.

Luke was already in there and was asleep on the desk. I didn't say anything about it even though I wanted to. I don't know why he was always so tired. I teased him constantly about staying up late with his girlfriend but he always denied it. I wasn't so sure.

I didn't wake him up but Mr King noticed that he was sleeping.

"Mr Crosby, would you please wake up and participate in this class?" Mr King called.

Luke sat up and rubbed sleep out of his eyes. I didn't say anything but I wanted to. I wanted to smirk at him and laugh but I wasn't going to. I didn't want to get in trouble with Mr King. I didn't have to deal with Luke for the rest of the day and I was glad.

Tori was heading home with me after school and we didn't have to deal with Thomas because he was going around to some friend's house. After our last class we headed to my house and I happened to notice Luke walking out of school as well.

He had a hockey bag over one shoulder and when we walked past him I push it with my shoulder and made it drop onto the ground with a loud thud. Luke jumped slightly at the noise and turned around to grab it and saw who we were.

He didn't say anything and I smirked at him. He bit his lip slightly as he picked up his bag. I saw something flicker across his face and it was gone too quickly for me to figure it out. He didn't say anything as he continued on and I glanced at Tori.

"What was that about?" she asked.

I shrugged, still slightly confused.

"I really thought that he was going to yell at you," she added.

"I know."

It wasn't a very long walk to my house and we headed up to my room. Neither of us could be bothered starting our homework so I stretched out on the bed and she took a seat on the desk chair. We started to gossip about things that were going on at school until she turned it to talk about Luke.

"What is going on between you and Luke?" she asked.

"Nothing," I protested.

"You made a point of shoving his bag of his shoulder."

"He is a complete jerk."

"I don't think it is just that."

I didn't know what to say to that.

"Is it because he reminds you off Mark?" she asked.

"Don't be ridiculous," I snapped.

She held her hands up in defence and moved the conversation away from Luke. I don't know what it was but he grated on my nerves and I didn't want to talk about it.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Comment and Vote

The Wise One