Chapter 3

"It is in that which you love the most that you find the greatest tests."

_______

A girl sitting in the corner of the room was indulged in reading a book which gave her goosebumps and made her eyes teary with every following word. The heart was worth melting, for the one who cried his heart out for the ummah and the eyes were worth moistening.

"Appi read this." she said, nudging her sister sitting beside her with her little one, Zaid. Hana had four children Isa and Musa as twins, Asmah as a naughty baby girl followed by Zaid.

"You forgot that you are reading from my book." Hana said proudly as she had already finished the book. Although the children kept her busy but she would never loose a chance to sneak and read the Islamic books which charged up her imaan.

"Huh whatever, but this is just..... I have no words." Rida went speechless and then turned her head to the book.

"By the way where have you reached? Read it out loud, I wouldn't mind listening to it again and again." Hana said with a pout.

Rida picked up her book, the sealed nectar by Safi ur Rahman Al Mubarakpuri of Darussalam publications from her lap, nearer to Hana and pointed out the topic that she was reading which was THE YEAR OF GRIEF.

"I think the most saddest thing to come across while reading the biography of our prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is.... " Rida said with a  wretched heart and stopped for a while.

"Is...?" Hana asked her to continue.

"Is that Abu Talib, the beloved uncle of our beloved prophet (peace and blessings be upon him), did everything to protect his nephew and trusted him blindly but did not give shahadah till his last breath." Rida exclaimed with a pitiable tone.

"Yeah I felt sad about it too, how our prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said that he would not stop to beg pardon for him until Allah forbids him and then Allah Subhana Wa ta'ala revealed an Ayah to forbid him." Hana said with twinkling eyes while discussing about Islam.

"Once a disrespectful Quraishite intercepted him and sprinkled sand on his head. When he arrived home, a daughter of his washed the sand away and wept. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Do not weep, my daughter. Allah will verily protect your father."
And he said: The Quraish did not have an effect on me such as they did after the death of Abu Talib." [Ibn Hisham 1/416].

Rapid succession of misfortunes, led the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) to call that period, 'the year of grief and sorrow.' henceforth, that year bore that label.

No longer had Rida started reading for Hana, the kids came barging in the room with chaos.

"Mama we will be late." Isa said jumping on the bed next to his mother.

"There's still an hour left Isa." Hana replied.

"Appi it's better to dress them up early because you know they throw hundreds of tantrums when they get ready." Rida suggested Hana, keeping in mind the little one's wish and also lessening her sister's burden of last minute preparation.

Hammad, Ahmad and Ahmish's families, quite often would plan to take their families out together for picnic. It would entertain their children plus they would be able to keep in touch with each other's families, as having little kids made everyone busy with their own life. Drawing out time once a month for family outing was nevertheless the best idea to uphold the ties of kith and kinship among them.

Soon the door bell rang and everyone was aware that it was time to leave but among all it was Hana who looked more excited than a kid and ran to open the door. Why? Because she knew that behind the door, it was her beloved waiting for her. She opened the door and before he could greet her, she embraced him, making him smile at her gesture.