Epilogue

"At the end of the day, I am at peace because my intentions are good and my heart is pure."

_______

*Two years later*

"Now tell me what are your aims?" Rida asked the first standard students.

"Doctor." came the first answer.

"Pilot."

"Barber." the class giggled.

"Driver."

"A Qur'an teacher." a student said and everyone laughed at her.

"Do you all know who is the best person?" she asked witnessing the class laughing at the girl.

"Noooooo ma'am." the class echoed.

"The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "The best among you (Muslims) are those who learn the Qur'an and teach it."
Sahih al-Bukhari 5027.

"Really ma'am?" a girl asked and Rida nodded her head indicating a yes.

"I want to be a Qur'an teacher too." raised a hand and before the period was over, every little one in the class wanted to pursue to be a Qur'an teacher. How innocent were kids, if the elders were explained and warned, they wouldn't heed while the kids were the opposite.

"I won't be teaching you all after the summer vacations. Will you all miss me?" she asked the children when they were ready after packing their bags and happy to leave the school for two entire month.

"Why ma'am?" they asked hastily.

"We will miss you ma'am, please don't go." Rida had a quite hard time explaining her kids about the leave, they were sad and so was she.

After shifting with Abdullah, Rida had joined the same school with him. Watching her dear husband struggling for the sake of Allah, made her enthusiastic to do it too. These two years passed quickly as if she was married him just yesterday.

"Assalamu Alaikum." was the farewell greeting to her students.

"Rida ma'am, Abdullah sir was asking for you." informed a female Co worker to her.

"Ohh where is he?" she asked.

"I went out for some work and there he asked." said the teacher.

The male and the female section of the school was entirely divided. The female section just had the female students and female staff while the male had the opppsite. No male was allowed to enter the female section and vice versa because of hijab purposes.

"Okay jazakillahu khaira."

"Wa anti fa jazakillahu khaira." she said and went away.

"Rida ma'am, Abdullah sir is calling you outside." came a girl to inform her while Rida mentally face palmed herself.

What was wrong with him today?

"Tell sir to call me, I've some work."

"Okay." she said and went running away with a heavy bag on her shoulder.

"What is it Abdullah? I've to talk to the Principal and have tons of work." she said as she answered the call of her husband. She had realised that Abdullah had been calling her since the school was over.

"Assalamu Alaikum."

"Walaikum-us-salam." she replied calmly. She had been stressed but his one salam soothed her heart.

"I just called to tell you that we would be leaving after Asr today, in case you don't know."

"Why?"