Chapter 43

"Allah won't leave you empty handed. He will always replace something lost with something greater and better."

_______

"Did you offer your dhuhr salah?" asked Abdullah after few minutes he came in.

"Yeah why?" asked Rida.

"Get ready. I am taking you somewhere."

"Where?"

"Umm somewhere. You'll know soon." Abdullah said.

"Okay." she said and cladded herself quickly in a black Abaya and a descent long hijab, slipped her feet into her sneakers after wearing socks. Lastly she tied her niqab around her head, glanced at the mirror once to make sure that nothing was apparant except her eyes.

"Done." she said to him within few minutes.

"Wow that was fast, even I need a bit more time to get ready." Abdullah chuckled before getting up and moving along with her to the door.

"Don't underestimate the power of a Muslimah." she said adding more to his chuckle.

After a while they entered Al Baik restaurant, after taking a seat in a corner Rida spoke "so you've sercretly brought me on a date." said she and Abdullah grinned forcefully, not giving her a slightest doubt. They had a shawarma and later Rida excused herself and headed towards the washroom. When she came back, she discovered that a couple sat along with Abdullah on their table. Since their back was visible to her, she decided to move forward look herself.

It must be Abdullah's friend.

"Asslamu alaikum." she greeted before having a look at them.

"Walaikum Assalam." they answered her in a low tone but as soon as she came face to face with them, her face turned pale and the bitter past swirled around her head. She thought she'd faint but before she would faint, she preferred leaving the place. Her shivering legs walked away from the place and Abdullah followed her.

Her legs were stumbling but her heart made sure that she runs away from that place.

"Rida wait."

She did not stop.

"Rida stop."

The last stumble made her fall but this time there was someone who was near her, to catch her, to not let her get hurt.

"You would have fallen Rida. What are you doing?" Abdullah said as he made her sit on the nearby chair and then gave her a glass of water.

"Abdullah I want to go home. Now." said she while taking the glass with a trembling hand.

"Just calm down and have some water." said he and she lifted her niqab slightly and drank a few gulps of water.

"Why are you so tensed facing them?" asked Abdullah.

"You're asking me this? It doesn't matter. Just take me home." said she after calming a bit down.

"I want you to meet them once."

"What? Why? I mean you should be the first man to take me away from them. I never thought you'd ever ask me to meet my ex husband." said Rida.

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"Why are you asking this now?"

"Just answer me."

"Yes I do."

"Then come with me now. I promise I'd be the first person to take you away from him but after this meet. Please." he said extending his hand towards her. Her mind couldn't process what was going on all of a sudden, she was confused, she was mad and she was nervous. Her shivering hand made its way on his hand and he made her sit after walking back towards their table.