Chapter 17

"Every person sees in others his characteristics or attributes. For instance, a good person will see good in others, and an evil person will only see evil in others."

_____

It had been a week since the couple had a fight but they had sorted out their arguments and agreed to leave behind the whispers of shaytan which caused enmity between two people.

It started with the wetness of eyes and ended with the same, the difference was of sorrow and contentment. The fight between the two lasted till two days, which felt heavy as compared to the most heaviest days.

The day Rida had emerged with the idea of reconciliation, that day she had come across the hadith and she could do nothing but work accordingly to her creators will.

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "Shall I not tell you about your wives in paradise?" We said "Of course,  O Messenger of Allah. " He said,  "They are fertile and loving.  If she becomes angry or is mistreated,,  or her husband becomes angry, she says, 'My hand is in your hand; I shall never sleep until you are pleased with me.'" [Tabaraani. Majma az-zawwad'id, 4/312].

After realising how important the status of a husband is in the eyes of Islam, Rida couldn't think anything but to work accordingly. She did wait for her husband that day late at night because he was skipping his days and nights at home. He used to come late home and would leave for office until the night returned. He had made excuses of work load at home but she knew it was she who was a burden which prohibited him to be at home. She had rectified her error after he returned asking him to close this chapter as it was Allah's will and now they have already been married. Just one step from her and they were once again back just like before.

Today the house was on fire, since it was a holiday and everyone was almost free, they had called their near relatives on a gathering just to spend some time together and to also know Rida, the new daughter in law of the house.

"So how was the honeymoon?" A lady asked as Rida served them tea with some snacks. Her ears tinged red on hearing the question between almost ten women whose eyes were stuck at her, carrying out their evaluation as per the desi aunties.

"It was good Alhamdulillah." she replied with a blush although she was in a state to almost run from this gathering.

"Ahh that means we'll be hearing a good news soon. Isn't it?" Said another one who sat beside her mother in law. She almost had the urge to reply back but since she had to go along so she cracked a forced smile to them.

"I should say that your son's choice is not bad, it's really good." said another.

"Our son is not less than her, in fact he could have chosen better." Said Umaira's mother who was her mother in law's sister. She knew that Umaira's  mother didn't like her because she had thought to marry her daughter with Rehan but Allah does what he wills.

When the snacks were provided to every aunty in the room and Rida's face started hurting from the forced smile, she excused herself from the room to serve the cousins who were in other side of the house.

She knocked on the door from which howling and cheering could be heard. She hastily brought her Dupatta to cover her face from one hand while she had tray of snacks on the other hand.

When nobody heard the sound of the knock, she pushed the door a little inside to call Rehan but instead saw him busy with video game while his opponent stood beside him. She was a girl and Rida had no idea about his cousins as they were new to her.

"Umaira this is your chance, you can grab Rehan." said a girl to cheer her up. Rida's eyes grew wider when she heard the name of Umaira. How can Rehan intermingle with her when he knows that she was seeking him in marriage.