Chapter 39

"First step towards getting rid of a bad trait is accepting that you have it."

_______

"Rehan I am afraid. Please don't leave me." Rida cried out.

"I am right here Rida. I won't leave you." said Rehan as he held a twelve year old girl while she was trying to learn riding the bicycle.

"I am afraid of falling, please don't leave me." she pleaded with a scary voice.

"Rehan?" she called out and didn't get an answer back.

"Rehan?" she turned around and found none to be her companion.

"I don't know how to stop myself." she whispered to herself as the darkness of horror crept into her soul.

She heard a truck horning and saw coming towards her from the opposite side. She panicked and shouted 'Rehan' but to her dismay, he did not come back.

The closer she came towards the truck, the more her heart constricted. She closed her eyes to no longer feel the trauma of being hit with the truck and the next thing she saw was, the blue sky with a blurred vision. She got up with a sharp pain and dusted her clothes.

"Are you okay?" came a voice.
She looked around to see her cycle on the ground and beside it was Abdullah lying on the ground with a bruised elbow and knee smiling at her.

Rida woke up with beads of sweats on her face over her ringing phone. She wiped them off, made her dispered hair into a bun before attending the call.

"Rida please take care of the kids, I might stay in the hospital during the night." Hana said from the other side.

"Hmm don't worry about the kids, they have slept already."

"And tell ammi too."

"Yeah. How's Ayesha appi now?"

"I don't know. Just pray for her and the baby." said Hana as Hammad brought her a cup of coffee. She bid her salam before ending the call.

"The kids have slept already Alhamdulillah." informed Hana to the father of her children.

"Ahmad was saying that we should go and rest now. He'll keep us informing." said Hammad after handing over the cup to her.

"I don't want to go." said she as she looked up, stopping her brimming eyes. He rubbed his palm against her hand to make her feel comfortable and all she wanted him to be at his side.

The night went along in the miseries of future, while the future lies in the hands of Allah. Tons of Duas were raised up to the heaven and the night went along as if a thousand years.

It was jumu'ah and the men went to perform their obligation while Hana was alone, praying in a vacant room. She came back to see that a nurse stood with a small bundle of happiness in her hand in front of Ayesha's room.

"Congratulations it's a girl." said she and went away after handing the girl into the hands of Hana whereas Hana along with the baby in her hand, bowed her head towards her Lord for thankfulness.

When was the last time we prostrated to our Lord out of thankfulness? He is Ar Rahman and often keeps on sending down his blessings to his slaves, but how often do we prostrate to him out of gratitude? How often do we apply this sunnah? This sunnah is the live proof of our connection with the most gracious.

She looked at her and realised that the little baby resembled Ayesha a lot. She whispered some Duas and blower on her, planted a kiss on her forehead and squeezed the baby to her chest.