Chapter 35

"They didn't deserve you so Allah kept them away from you, why does it sadden you?"

______

"Please be comfortable, we are mid way to home." said Abdullah while he turned back his head towards his steering and started his engine without wasting a second. His intention was not to be alone with her, but what is forbidden in Islam has to be followed regardless of one's intentions. He would never have done this but witnessing a broken Rida in front of him, forced his heart to do so and yet the shaytan has his ways to call people towards sin and that's exactly what happened. He was ashamed of himself and so was Rida.

"Why did you bring me here?" asked Rida while she was still in her hiccup phase.

"You said to drop you home. This is the short cut." Abdullah replied keeping his tone firm and giving the answers right to the point.

"Ya Allah. You shouldn't have brought me alone like this."

Girls. If they tell you to do a thing and you do not do it, then it's your mistake but if they tell you to do a thing and you do it then again it's your mistake.

After a short duration she said "So if I tell you to jump this car from the bridge, I guess you will do that too. So.. Please..jump..it..off."

'If you want me to die with you, I'd happily do that too.' the shaytan whispered into the heart of Abdullah.

Abdullah face palmed himself and uttered Astagfirullah under his breath. The shaytan incites you and whispers into your ears when you are alone with a non mahram. Allah had closed the doors of Haram by even closing the boundaries of it, if you cross the boundaries you get closer to Haram and shaytan is tricky enough to make you reach there.

Abdullah kept quiet and did not utter a word which would be more modest as the sin of being alone with a non mahram was already done. He heard Rida bursting into tears again and he knew it was something about her lost child and broken marriage. He was battling to decide whether to speak or not to speak. His heart was wrenching with every passing second at the tears of Rida. Without asking anything about her problem, which obviously would get personal, he decided to speak.

"There's a story in Surah Al Kahf of Musa (alaihi salam) and Khidr. It goes like when they walked together, they embarked a ship and then Khidr damaged that ship. The people of the ship loved their ship and obviously people couldn't see the reason behind it. Musa (alaihi salam) raised the objection about it and then you know what Khidr said, there was a tyrant king who would seize every good ship. So the ship was damaged for the good of its own people. Similarly it was Allah's decree to damage your marriage with Rehan. You are holding a damaged petal of your life and the way you hold your damaged petal, makes you strong and unique. People may not love you because of that one damaged petal but remember it is their test as well. 

And then when they both moved forward they met a boy who was innocent but Khidr killed him. We humans again cannot see the reason behind it. Musa (alaihi salam) again raised his objection and again you know what Khidr said about it. Khidr killed the boy because he would transgress and overburden his parents. Similarly Allah took away your child because it was his decree and may be he would give you a better one just as he gave them a substitute of that killed boy. Which parents in the entire world would feel happy when their child die? No one. The grief of the departure of one's child cannot be felt by anyone but the parents alone. The boys parents would have felt sad but Allah assures in the next ayah that they would be given a substitute which was taken away. So why do you think he would not give you better than what he has taken from you?

You may not be happy right now, but it is all Allah's plan and whatever happened, it is the good for your own self. We humans do not know the reason behind Allah's wisdom and sometimes Allah breaks us to make us strong." he completed or rather stopped because they had reached their destination.