Chapter 28

"Sometimes you loose something great to gain something greater."

______

Rehan tip toed inside the home beyond the time limit. He had been coming home late since days but today? It was beyond time. When he came home, everybody used to be fast asleep including Rida. There was a time when he was told to come back home soon but now nobody reminded him to do so because beforehand the reminders had been smacked back in vain.

He opened his bedroom only to find that Rida was not on her bed. Where did she go? He ran his eyes across the the room and did not find her traces. He sat to put off his shoes from his tired feet while the door of the washroom opened and Rida came out with a damp hair. They looked at each other for a second and resumed back to their works. She stood in Salah, not skipping the keen observation, done by Rehan. He on the other lay on the bed without uttering a word soon going back to his deep slumber.

Rida offered her tahajjud prayers. She had missed every inch of the prayer which is ultimately for her Lord's pleasure. She sat their counting Tasbeeh on her hands and looked towards Rehan who was now soundly sleeping.

What had been wrong with him? He had been sad but she had been sad too. Why could she see him as if he has failed in something or the other and is taking hard on him. She was worried for her would be an understatement. The clock soon ticked to be the fajr time and it was time to establish an obligatory duty.

Analyzing him, she sat beside him while raking her hand through his hairs. She was indeed devastated to loose her child but was Rehan the one who was blaming himself for this? She had thought a lot and this time she was ready to confront him with his problems. Everyone was sure to mock at him when he was late, including her too but people were adamant of why was he doing this on a regular basis? Before this she was mad at him but now she was worried, worried to the degree that she had forgotten the recent tragedy and her mind was just focussing on Rehan's mental health.

Rehan woke up with a jerk as he witnessed her beside him which made her a bit apprehensive. "Is it the time for fajr?" he asked hastily. She nodded her head as a yes and he rubbed his eyes after sitting up.

"Are you okay?" she asked worriedly looking into his eyes because he had never behaved in such a way. He would sleep deeply during fajr and Rida had a hard time waking him up.

He grasped the worried eyes of Rida and while tucking her hairs behind her ears he said "don't worry I am okay. Need to go for Salah or else I'll miss the congregation." and then got up from bed towards the washroom. His silence was making Rida more worried and anxious.

After the Salah, he came back and found Rida sitting and she kept her mobile away as she saw him coming towards her. She was ready to confront him about what was bothering him and to soothe him by her words and appreciation.

"I had to talk to you about something." she said as he came and sat beside her.

"Really? I had to talk about something important too. First you shoot." replied Rehan.

"No you first."

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yeah." she replied.

"Come with me." Rehan grabbed her hand and dragged her towards the drawing room. She was already covered to come in front of her brother in law and to her surprise each and every member of his family was sitting there glaring at them while they entered the very room.

"Why are we gathered here bhai? I am half sleepy." Ali complained.

"I need to announce something important today so just give me few minutes." responded Rehan.