Chapter 2 - "Hello, brother."

~ Pilot ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"Just admit it, Elena." Bonnie said, looking at our best friend.

"Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty." She said.

 I looked at her in disbelief, "A little? Honey, please." I scoffed, taking a sip of my beer.

"He has that romance novel stare." Bonnie said, making me smile. "Stefan looked deep into her eyes, piercing her very soul." Bon-Bon lowered her voice, making us laugh.

"So where is Salvatore?" I asked Elena, looking around the party. I honestly didn't want to be out in the woods with a bunch of horny teenagers, but Bonnie forced me to go with her.

"I don't know." She said, before looking at Bonnie. "You tell me, you're the psychic one." She said, making me roll my eyes. Apparently, Bonnie's grams, Shelia, is telling her that she's psychic, which is very ridiculous.

"Right, I forgot. Okay, so give me a second." Bonnie said, closing her eyes. "Grams says I have to concentrate."

Elena held up her pointer finger, "Wait, you need a crystal ball." She said, looking around, before seeing the, now empty, beer bottle in my hands. She snatched it away from me, holding it up. "Ta-da." She sang, making Bonnie let out a chuckle.

Bonnie grabbed the beer bottle, her hand overlapping Elena's. Her eyes snapped up to the Gilbert's, staring at her for a moment, before jerking her hand away. "What?" Elena asked, while I just looked at my best friend like she was crazy.

"That was weird." Bonnie said, making Elena's eyebrows furrow. "When I touched you, I saw a crow."

"What?"

"A crow. There was fog, a man." She said as we both looked at Elena's frightened face. "I'm drunk. It's the drinking. There's nothing psychic about it." Bonnie said, grabbing my beer bottle away from Elena. "Yeah? Okay. I'm gonna get a refill." She said, before walking away.

"Okay." Elena mumbled as we watched her walk off.

"Bon-Bon!" I called after her, but she didn't look back. I sighed, as we turned to the side, seeing Stefan standing there, making us jump.

"Hi." He said.

Elena chuckled, "Hi."

I looked at them, "Yeah, I'm not sticking around for this." I mumbled. "Bye." I said to them, walking in the direction Bonnie went.

~~~~~

Third POV

Stefan looked at Elena, "I did it again, didn't I?" He asked, talking about scaring her, seeing as he had done the same thing before when officially meeting Elena in the cemetery.

She nodded, smiling. "Yeah."

He smiled back, "I'm sorry." He watched as her smile slowly fell. "You're upset about something."

"Oh, uh, no, it's Bonnie. She's..." She looked in the direction her best friend walked off to. She shook her head, looking back at the Salvatore, "You know what? Never mind. You're... here."

"I'm here." He smiled.

After walking in silence for a couple of minutes, the Gilbert girl finally spoke up.

"You know, you're kind of the talk of the town." Elena said as she and Stefan walked past all the partying teenagers.

"Am I?" He asked.

"Mm-hmm. Mysterious new guy, oh, yeah." She chuckled, looking over at him.

"Well, you have the mysterious thing going, too. Twinged in sadness." He said.