Chapter 49 - "You are a vampire crackhead whore."

~ Bad Moon Rising ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

The first thing I wanted to see at eleven on a Sunday morning was not Damon Salvatore's face. But, I had promised Stefan the night before to help with Caroline, so when he texted me and said to head on over to his house, I was only hoping that Damon wasn't there. Then my hopes were crushed when he was the one to open the door of his home.

"Well, good morning to you, too, Ronnie." Damon gave me a fake smile when he saw the look on my face. "Can't say I've missed you popping into my house unannounced."

A scoff left my mouth as I walked into the house, "Your brother invited me over, jackass."

"So you trade one Salvatore brother for the other? Classy." Damon shut the door behind me, that fake smile still on his face.

I glared over at him as we both walked into the living room, which Stefan, Elena, and surprisingly Alaric were currently sitting in. "What can I say, Damon? I got tired of the old version and decided to upgrade."

"Ronnie," Stefan interrupted whatever Damon was about to say, most likely saving me from starting a fight this early in the morning. "Thanks for coming. We'll head over to Caroline's after we speak with Alaric, okay?" He raised his bushy brows, giving me a small smile when I nodded and took a seat in the empty seat next to the teacher.

"Sup, Ricky." I greeted the teacher briefly, earning a nod from him.

"Where were we?" Alaric mumbled to himself, referring back to the conversation they were having before I arrived, I'm assuming.

"The Lockwood's. We were hoping you could shed some light on their family." Stefan answered for him.

"Why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?"

"Well, you wouldn't," Damon spoke up for the first time since we entered the large room. "But your dead-- not dead wife might." He said, taking a seat next to his brother on the couch in front of Alaric and me.

"Isobel's research, from when you guys went to Duke together." Elena elaborated at what Damon was getting at.

Stefan leaned forward in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees. "You said she spent years researching this town."

"Isobel's research here-- Mystic Falls-- was rooted in folklore and legend. At the time, I thought most of which was fiction." Alaric told us.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon mocked the man.

"Aside from vampires," Elena decided to ignore Damon's comment, as everyone else did. "What else?"

"Lycanthrope."

I shared confused looks with Stefan and Elena before looking over at the man next to me. "Werewolves?"

"No way. Not possible. Way too Lon Chaney." Damon immediately denied the idea.

"So it's possible for vampires and witches to exist but not werewolves?" I raised my brows.

He shook his head, "I've been on this earth 160-some odd years. I've never come across one." He told me, before looking to Alaric. "If werewolves exist, where are they?"

"Ever consider they're hiding from the likes of you?" I shot at him.

He pointed a finger at me, "Zip it, Ronnie."

Alaric shook his head at our arguing, annoyed just as much as everyone else. "Well, why do you suspect the Lockwood's?"

"Because vervain didn't affect the Mayor on Founder's Day, but the Gilbert device did. And it affected his son Tyler." Damon explained.