Chapter 36 - "Are there tiny dicks covering your pajama bottoms?"

~ Under Control ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"So, what is up with your brother?" I asked Damon curiously, taking a sip of my water. Damon and I were sitting at the bar, watching all the dancing people. "He's, like, fun now."

Damon smirked, his eyes raking past all the bodies. "Well, he's still weaning himself off blood. Don't worry. He'll be back to his boring, brooding self in no time."

My eyes caught Elena walking towards us, making them roll as I turned away from the crowd and towards the bar. "Speaking of boring." I mumbled, grabbing the bourbon out of Damon's hand and taking a sip.

"Have you noticed what your brothers been up to?" Elena's voice drifted into my ears. I glanced towards Damon, sharing a look before we both turned towards her.

"Nope. Been too preoccupied with yours." Damon stated, taking his drink out of my hands. At Elena's confused face, he then elaborated. "Jeremy's been asking questions about Vicki Donovan's death." My eyes involuntarily rolled at this new information. Can't people just mind their own business?

"He knows that her death was ruled an overdose." Elena responded.

"Really? "Oh, but, Sheriff, someone buried her. Who would do that?"" Damon did an awful imitation of the youngest Gilbert before raising his hand in the air and pointing a finger at himself. "I know. I know. Me. I mean, I could compel him, but he's wearing vervain." Damon then said in a suggestive voice, making me purse my lips, knowing my face was screaming for Elena to do it.

But alas, no one listens to Ronnie.

She quickly turned towards Damon, pointing a finger at him. "No. I don't want you to compel him."

A sigh left my lips, "Elena, if he keeps asking questions, then maybe--"

"Guys, no. I'm serious." Elena cut me off, giving both of us looks. "I'm not gonna do that to him again."

I scoffed. "Elena, no one likes a moral compass. Lower your standards a bit. It's just a little bit of mind erasing."

Elena glared at me for a moment, making me give her a mocking one back. "I'll handle it."

Damon sighed, picking a rose out of a vase of flowers. "Okay." He sighed out, bringing the red rose up to his nose. "Don't say I didn't warn you." He said before handing her the rose.

Another scoff left my mouth as I watched him walk away. I jokingly yelled at his retreating figure, "Where's my rose, you jackass?"

My walk was sluggish as I searched around the mansion for the blonde beauty I arrived with. I was exhausted. My feet are aching, my back is killing me, and I have a massive headache from seeing all the people I hate. I just wanted to leave, but I couldn't until I found Caroline.

"Ronnie, hey!" I heard Sebastian's voice, making my nose scrunch up. I was not in the mood to talk to anyone, let alone Bash. But, since he's only ever tried to be my friend, I plastered a fake smile on my face as I turned towards him.

I've realized I never really want to talk to Bash anymore. Guess he's lost his 'Shiny New Toy' status to me.

I hid my surprise when I saw the girl he was "Fuck buddies" with hanging onto his arm. "Hey, Bash. Linda."

"Really, Ronnie? Linda?" She quirked a brow, a nasty scowl on her face.

"Isn't that your name?" I asked in confusion. I know I've purposely gotten her name wrong before, but I thought it was Linda.