Chapter 8 - "Just the devils incarnate at work again."

~ Family Ties ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

I looked in the mirror, smoothing down the yellow dress. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't that bad, but it was just so bright. And yellow isn't my favorite color. "Do I really have to wear this?" I asked Bonnie, turning around to face her.

She gave me an annoyed look, telling me she was over my complaining. "Yes, Ronnie. We're going to the founder's party. You have to wear a dress."

"Not if we don't go." I suggested, slipping on the flats she got me. The only thing I owned in the outfit I was currently wearing was my locket. "We could go to my house and binge watch Supernatural."

"As much as I would love to watch Sam and Dean all day, we have to go to this party." Bonnie said, handing me gold flower earrings with rubies in the middle. They sorta matched my necklace my mom gave me, which was hanging around my neck.

I gave her a look, "A dress, I'll do. But earrings?"

"Just put them on, Ronnie!" She loudly said.

"Fine!" I replied back just as loudly. "Gosh, you're so grumpy."

"And you're impossible."

I scoffed, giving her a fake smile as I put the earrings on. "There. Happy?"

Bonnie smiled in victory, "Very." She said, before turning around and walking off to find Elena.

I let out a deep sigh, walking towards the bathroom. I opened the door that went into Jeremy's room and peeked my head inside, seeing him holding the pocket watch that Elena took from him earlier.

I walked into his room, making my way over towards the desk he was sitting at. I watched as he took his headphones off, looking up at me in questioning and confusion, probably wondering why one of his sister's friend was in his room. "I see Elena gave you your watch back." I said, leaning against his desk.

He glanced down at the pocket watch, "Uh, yeah." He muttered. 

"Listen, Jer-bear. Elena means well." I said, trying to get him to loosen up on his older sister. "She obviously didn't know what the watch meant to you. But at least she gave it back."

Jeremy let out an agitated sigh, "If you only came in here to defend Elena, you can leave." He said.

As he was about to put his headphones back on, I smacked his hands. "Listen here, Jeremy Gilbert. I don't give a crap about what your problem is, but there is no reason for you to treat Elena like trash." I said, getting fed up with his act. I know I have no right to say any of this, but it's just coming out. These are the times when I have no filter, as most of Mystic Falls has found out. "I know you lost your parents, but so did Elena. You need to clean up your act now. Elena and Jenna are the only family you have left, so don't be mean to them just because you feel like being an ass." I said, leaning up from the desk and walking over to the door to the bathroom.

As I got to the door, I glanced back at him. "Everyone is over your little stoner act, so just grow up already."

~~~~~

Bonnie and I walked behind Elena and Stefan as we entered the Mayor's house. I glanced over at Jenna, who was walking beside us. "So what do you think of Stefan and Elena dating?" I asked her quietly as Bonnie linked our arms together.

She shrugged, "I haven't really talked to him, but he seems nice."

I raised my brows, "You should meet his brother. He's an ass compared to Stefan." I said as we entered the house.