Chapter 34 - "It's snack time."

~ Let The Right One In ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

Short, quiet breaths left my mouth as I climbed onto the porch of the vampire infested house. I made sure my steps were light as I quickly walked over to the wall, pressing my back against it. I peered around it, my eyes set on the front door. When a voice started talking, I ducked back, my gun raising ever so slightly. My eyes then caught a set of stairs leading down to what I'm assuming is the cellar.

I closed my eyes briefly, my hands tightening around the weapon before I pushed off the wall and ran towards the stairs. When I got to the bottom, the metal gate was open, barely. It made a squeaking noise when I pushed it open enough for me to get through. I tried to calm my racing heartbeat, knowing they could probably hear it.

Wasting no time, I rushed down the dark hall, finding a dirty door at the end. I looked through the dirt-covered window, noticing no one in there. Panic surged through me when I tried to open the door and found it was locked. Luckily I knew how to pick a lock. I grabbed a bobby pin from my hair, thanking myself for deciding to wear it in a ponytail today. I bent down, sitting my gun down and bending the bobby pen open, picking the lock as quickly as I could.

My hand twisted the doorknob, pushing it open with a small smile on my face as I picked my gun up and rushed inside. When I came to a corner, I could hear soft rock music, making me pause. I peered around the corner, seeing a vampire with earbuds in, looking down at his phone. I contemplated what weapon I should use. With the gun, I wouldn't be able to get a clean shot, seeing as he was sitting sideways. But with the dart, I would have to get close to him, and frankly, I don't think I'm ready for hand-to-hand combat just yet.

My thoughts were interrupted when I saw him stand up, slowly walking down the hall, toward me. He stopped when he saw me, making me panic. I quickly raised my gun, about to shoot when I saw a hand shoot out from behind another corner, stabbing him in the neck. I pointed my gun towards the unknown person, but relief flooded my body when I saw it was Damon.

"Are you insane?" Damon questioned angrily.

"I'll save my apologies for later, but right now, I'm gonna find Stefan." I said in determination, walking towards the door the passed out vampire was guarding. I pushed the door open, surprised it wasn't locked. When I walked through the door, I saw Stefan hanging from the ceiling, his hands tied to ropes as he stood on his tip-toes.

"Ronnie..." Stefan said, his voice raspy. "You shouldn't be here."

"She was supposed to stay in the car with Elena." Damon said, walking in and passing by me. Damon twirled the stake in his hands, going towards a vampire tied to a chair.

"No. No. No. Not him." Stefan protested.

"Whatever. Let's get you down." Damon rolled his eyes, walking away from the man and towards his tied up brother.

"There's vervain on the ropes." Stefan warned.

"Ronnie, pull that." Damon gestured back towards some ropes, making me get over my shock and walk towards the rope. I tucked my gun in the back of my jeans and untied the rope quickly, making Stefan fall from the ceiling, Damon catching him before he hit the ground.

"Alright, let's go. Clothes on." Damon said, leaning his brother against a beam and walking away.

Making my way towards my friend's boyfriend, I untied the ropes around his hands while he spoke, "Wait."

"What? Guys, come on." Damon stopped at the door, looking back at us with an annoyed look. "We have to get out of here.

Stefan leaned down towards the man tied to the chair, pulling the knife out of his leg. I scrunched up my face as Damon insisted we hurry again. "The other one." Stefan told me weakly, making me sigh. I leaned down towards the vampire, pulling another knife out of his leg, making him cry out.