Chapter 6- "Everyone in this town is an unflawed god."

~ Friday Night Bites ~ Part Two ~

Ronnie's POV

"Surprise!"

I looked through the kitchen door, into the hallway, seeing Caroline and the raven-haired man from earlier, Damon, standing at the front door. I couldn't see Elena's face, but I was sure it was filled with surprise.

"Bonnie said you were doing dinner, so we brought dessert." Caroline said, gesturing towards the cake in her hands.

Elena let go of the door once it was wide enough, leaning on the wooden frame as she looked at them. "Oh." She said, chuckling awkwardly.

I heard the scrape of a chair moving back next to me, making me glance over, seeing Stefan standing up from his chair. My eyes followed him as he started walking to the three standing at the door.

"Hope you don't mind." Damon smiled at Elena.

I looked over at Bonnie, giving her an accusing look, only to get a guilty shrug and awkward smile. I shook my head, letting a small smile slip onto my face as I stood up from my chair.

"What are you doing here?" Stefan asked Damon as he walked to the front door, seeing his older brother standing there with a smirk on his face.

"Waiting for Elena to invite me in." Damon said, nodding towards said brunette, who I had just walked up to stand next to.

"Oh, yeah, you can just--"

"No, no, no." Stefan cut Elena off, making her look over at him in confusion, while I just furrowed my brows in suspicion. "He can't, uh... he can't stay." He said, before looking over at his brother. "Can you, Damon?"

"Get in here." Caroline said from behind Elena and me, looking over our shoulder to her, what I guess is her boyfriend.

Stefan looked back at the blonde, before glancing at us. "We're just... finishing up."

"It's fine. Just come on in." Elena said, smiling at Damon.

The man looked at his brother, with what it seemed like a triumphant look on his face. He took a step into the house, walking past Elena and me, and looking around the house. "You have a beautiful home, Elena." He said, looking back at my friend.

"Thank you." She said after she gave Stefan a look, wondering why he was being so rude to his own brother.

I let out a large sigh, moving around Stefan and towards the front door, closing it for Elena. "I wish I had stayed home."

~~~~~

"I cannot believe that Mr. Tanner let you on the team." Caroline said, looking at Stefan, who was sitting on the couch, in the middle of Elena and I. Damon was sitting on a chair, Caroline was sitting on the armrest of said chair, and Bonnie was sitting in a chair opposite from Damon. "Oh, Tyler must be seething. But good for you. Go for it."

I not-so-subtly rolled my eyes, leaning my arm against the couch's armrest. I brought my hand up to my head, rubbing my left temple, already getting a headache from Caroline talking so much. Don't get me wrong, I love Caroline, but she talks too much and her voice is so cheery.

Oh, and what is up with the Salvatore's and their good looks? Seriously, they are like Greek Gods or something.

"That's what I always tell him. You have to engage." Damon said, looking at Stefan as Caroline sat her cup of tea on the coffee table. "You can't just sit there and wait for life to come to you. You have to go get it." He said, with what I thought sounded like sarcasm, but no one else except Stefan and I noticed.