Chapter 33 - "Give my regards to Bambi."

~ Let The Right One In ~ Part One ~

Ronnie's POV

"I say we go to Pearl's, bust down the door, and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon suggested, turning away from the broken window he had just boarded up.

"Yeah? And then what? We turn to the rest of that house of vampires and say, "Oops. Sorry?"" Stefan sarcastically asked, making me nod.

"Sounds like a good plan to me." I piped in.

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena judged, as usual, making me groan quietly and roll my eyes.

"It was more of a helpful exchange of information. And it's not like I had a choice. She's. . ." Damon paused, squinting his eyes as he tried to find the right word. "Scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

Elena chuckled humorlessly, "Of course she is. Damon gets what he wants, as usual. No matter who he hurts in the process."

"You don't have to be snarky about it."

"I woke up this morning to learn that all the vampires have been released from the tomb. I've earned snarky." Elena pointed out.

"Well, I woke up this morning to Luke's feet kicking me in the face so quit your complaining." I raised a brow at her as Damon came to sit next to me on the couch.

"Still afraid of storms?" Elena dropped the saltiness when my little brother was mentioned.

"Terrified." I corrected her.

"How long are you going to blame me for turning your birth mother into a vampire?" Damon sighed, getting back to the point of the conversation.

And just like that, the saltiness was back and better than ever. "I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted that you're a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities."

Before I could stop myself, I loud laugh escaped my lips, making me slap my hand over my mouth. When Damon gave me a look, I shrugged. "I couldn't have said it better myself."

"Ouch." Damon said.

"This isn't being very productive." Stefan interrupted their bantering and my commentary. "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires. Yeah?"

Damon hummed before standing up, glancing back at me and nodding for me to follow him. I gave the couple a smile as we walked out of the room, leaving them to talk. "You could at least try to be nice to Elena, you know?"

"Oh, but where's the fun in that?" Damon asked as he leads me to the library. "If you really want us to get along, I could try. For you."

I perked up, a smile on my face as I sat down on a comfy chair that I unofficially claimed as mine the last time I was in here. "Really?"

The small smirk on his face fell. "Nope."

A mocking smile came onto my face. "You better hide that hatchet, D. I'm feeling murderous right now." I smiled sweetly, gesturing towards the tool in his hand he had used to board up the window.

"That makes two of us."

"I hope you're joking but the sad thing is is that I know you're not." I shook my head, watching as he sat the tool down on the desk in front of me.

"You know me so well, minion."

         It had been about an hour and a half since I first arrived. Elena had left shortly after Damon and I exited the room and Stefan was most likely in his room, brooding his eternal life away. After sitting around for an hour, reading a book while Damon did whatever he does, I began to get bored.