Chapter 30 - "Rude and disrespectful."

~ A Few Good Men ~ Part two ~

Ronnie's POV

Later that night, I walked into The Grill with my father and brother close behind. When I first walked through the door, I was greeted with the sight of Caroline standing at table. I think I remember her saying she was giving out the raffle tickets. As we walked by her, I gave her a smile and wave. "Hey, listen, you two. I don't want any fighting." My father warned us, then looked to the side. "Keep an eye on your brother, Ronnie. Okay?"

Rolling my eyes and nodding, I put a hand on Luke's shoulder. "Don't worry. I'll make sure he doesn't die."

Dad sighed, "Okay. I gotta talk to some colleagues now."

We smiled at him as he turned away and when we finally knew he wasn't watching, we jumped away from each other. For dramatic effect, I wiped my hand off on my jacket with a disgusted look on my face. "Gross."

Lucas dusted off his shoulder. "Can we get a table? I'm hungry."

I nodded, looking around the crowded bar for an empty table. "Found one. Let's go." I mumbled, walking towards the other end of The Grill quickly, trying to make sure no one steals it.

I was just a couple of tables away from the empty one when someone grabbed my wrist, stopping me from walking. I quickly yanked it away, about to punch the person before I saw it was Sebastian. "Jeez, Bash. Don't scare me like that, you big oaf." I let out a breath before noticing the girl next to him. "Hey, Linda."

"Lindsay."

"Right, sorry." I gave her a fake smile.

Bash cleared his throat, trying to get the awkward tension to disappear. "Who is this?" He asked, looking at Lucas, who was standing at my side with a defensive look on his face.

"This is my little brother, Lucas." I nodded towards the ten-year-old. "Lucas, this is Sebastian."

Lucas looked at the hand that Sebastian was offering him, then looked at me, then back to the hand. He finally grabbed Bash's hand, shaking it in greeting. "Aren't you the guy that called our house earlier?"

"What?" Both Lindsay and I said together, making us glare at each other.

Bash nervously chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck. "Yeah, that was me. I was worried about you. The last time we talked was at the Duke party when you were with that guy. Anytime I pass you in the halls, you always seemed sad so I wanted to check up on you." He explained, glancing at his mad girlfriend.

I gave him a small smile, "Oh, well, I'm fine, I guess. Someone close to me passed away so . . ." I trailed off, not sure what to say. I didn't really want to talk about it right now and especially not in such a public place.

Lucas tugged on my sleeve, "Come on, Ronnie. I'm hungry." He whined, trying to pull me in the direction of the table we were headed to.

"Just go by yourself. I'll be there in a second." I slapped his hand away, nudging him in the direction of the two person table.

He huffed, "I hope I get murdered so you get in trouble." Then he walked towards the table, sulking as he sat down in the chair.

I shook my head at him, my eyes moving back towards the couple standing in front of me. "I should probably go. Like he said, if he get's murdered, I'll be in trouble." I added a chuckle so it didn't sound crazy. "It was good seeing you again." I gave him a brief hug before pulling back and giving Lindsay a fake smile. "You, too, Lucy."

"It's. Lindsay."

I faked a wince, "Sorry, darling." I gave Bash a smile, and as I turned around, my eyes connected with Lindsay's and I gave her a small taunting smirk. Quickly making my way towards my table, I plopped down in the empty seat, letting out a loud sigh. "God, keeping up appearances is so hard."