V

"so we thought we should invite Elias to dinner, you can get to know him a bit more and-"

"I have work." I cut my mother off and grabbed my backpack, leaving the ill-fitting house.

I finally had a work opportunity. to put my photography skills to good use after finishing a degree in university.

I caught the people filled train that gloomy morning, my ticket grasped tightly in my hand as I watched the numerous people leave and enter. I was in a rush to get there- I was eager to take epic photos. I didn't know what to expect.

but at the back of my mind, I couldn't help but think about how my parents wanted me to get married to a timid stranger. a stranger who's in love with my sister.

all thoughts about my family life stopped when I arrived at the building. I checked the details on my phone before starting to cross the active car filled road.

I waited for the cars to pass, deciding not to be risky like the strangers running across the road.

as I waited, I spotted you. I remember the exact moment. a lanky handsome man strolling into the building I was supposed to be in, that early cold morning.

that was the first time I saw you Jin. I had no idea you'd turn into a person who changed my life.