XXI

I grabbed my coat from the rack before swinging my backpack over my shoulders.

I remember the day I was getting ready to leave. you stopped me at the entrance door.

"you're walking in the rain?"

you were getting ready to leave too- tired eyes watching my every move. you slipped on your long sleeved slate jacket that fell to your knees. it made you look taller. you gave me an addled look as you raised your brows.

"yeah."

"it's pouring it down. are you stupid?"

"excuse-"

"let me drive you home."

"I don't live here but-"

"so? I'll still drive you."

and you walked straight past me, into the rain that was rushing down on buildings, humans- everything. you ushered me outside, waving your hand at me so I sighed, giving in to you and following you.

"wait!" I remember screaming because the rain was heavy and loud. I was so glad for the hood of my coat. "if you're driving me home on the motorbike then no thanks." I didn't like that thing at all.

and you laughed. your eyes closed and I couldn't focus. because the rain was pouring down on your dainty head, your blonde hair was a wet mess and there were droplets of water going down your face. "I'll drive you in my car. don't worry. you stress too much."

and I forgot how to talk because how did you know me so well?

you've always been good at analysing people. so why didn't you realise I was in love with you- a man who's heart was taken.