XXXV

whilst I was thinking about our firsts I broke into tears because you really made me think I was the one for you. that we would last.

but little did I know, I was in competition with someone who you always loved.

I thought about our firsts in detail when I picked up my sister from the train station- the ring on her finger  astonishing me.

a first kiss is meant to be memorable not flawless. and that's exactly what ours was. we bumped noses when we got more into it and we ended up laughing for ages.

our first hug was when you took me to get drinks for our co workers. as we stood in the long queue in silence, you wrapped your arm around my shoulder- pulling me into you and slowly wrapping your other arm around me. and it felt natural for me to lean into you, wrapping my arms around your waist and leaning my head on you.

our first I want you was at your apartment. we were making out and you were breathing heavily. my hands rushed through your chaotic strands as you stared at my lips- telling me what you wanted before kissing me again.

our first night together was at yours too. you let me stay the night as we cuddled, kissed and stared at the stars from your balcony- your lips on my knuckles. we even played just dance which was hilarious as you fell on your butt.

I was dreaming of a forever with you in all these moments, whilst you were dreaming of a forever with him.