XXVII

I could never forget our first kiss.

it was unanticipated yet it made me tingle wholeheartedly. I remember thinking- it feels good to finally feel emotions again.

it was another rain filled night and you drove me home. your hands resting on the steering wheel as you took apt turns. you drove slowly and carefully- engaging in a benevolent conversation with me.

we had gotten closer over the passing weeks- seeing each other at work made us get used to each other. you'd sit with me at lunch, ask me how I was, ask me if I'm having a good day (once I told you I felt like shit and you screamed- let's make sure you have an amazing fucking day then) take me for a timid drink and a muffin, make me laugh loudly and drive me home.

my thoughts were a mess and all that was troubling me in my mind disappeared when you stopped the car, taking my hand.

"we won't see each other for a few weeks." you reminded me. you didn't have to be on set so I didn't have to be either. it was a season break needed for everyone. "don't miss me too much." you smirked.

I rolled my eyes, taking my hand out of your grasp. "I won't."

"Valentina." my name fell from your lips like melted chocolate. your hand playing with my shadowy hair as you leaned in closer.

our lips met and fell into a gradual, sweet kiss in which my hands tangled in your hair and yours cupped my cheeks.

I remember thinking throughout the kiss- this is a moment I want to last forever. and it truly has lasted because every time I close my eyes, or see another couple embracing each other with a kiss full of intimacy- it takes me back to our very first kiss.

rushing memories of you reaching over to hold me closer, your hand grazing my skin, your touches soft and gentle, me clutching your shirt tightly in a fist-

thank you for an incredible first kiss. although the butterflies from it never disappeared even when we kissed several times after.