XXVIII

I got out of the car after that kiss.

the kiss that set me on fire and made me feel requested, it also made me feel suddenly uptight.

because I didn't know what to expect from you. when you start to like someone, you don't know if the person you think you like is their genuine self.

I dropped my backpack at the front door as I started to take off the converse from my nagging feet. that's when I heard Elias.

he was in the living room, seated with a diplomatic smile. he was sat across from Rhea- uncomfortable but trying to stay controlled.

"I-"

"Valentina, finally. why are you late?" my parents questioned.

I wish I never came home.

Rhea shifted her gaze to me. "yeah Val. I sent you a message about Elias being here, he's an important guest you should've hurried."

and I felt sick in the stomach when Rhea looked at Elias in displeasure. she was shooting daggers at him. I knew something was wrong and I wanted to run away.

"we have a wedding to plan!" my parents announced.

"what the hell-"

turns out my sister Rhea and her lover had broken up. leaving me against my parents. me not wanting to get married at all.

a kiss like yours made me feel sweet and secure but then coming back to a house that's supposed to be home .. made me want to run back to you and let you hold me.