VIII

my first automatic response to your question was going to be- they're your photographs what the fuck do they look like?

but you were a stranger and politeness was key when working with a model right?

so I went with- your photos.

Jin, you intimidated me when you abruptly came up to me and asked me a peculiar question. you snatched my precious camera off me and you proceeded to scroll through the pictures I had shot.

I waited for you to finish, befuddled. you held my camera loosely in your big hands and I immediately thought- fuck your good looks I don't like your personality.

"I don't like these pictures." is what you said in a rugged tone. it was the first time I heard your voice properly, deep but tender.

I controlled my anger. "why do you not like them?"

"they don't make me look good." you said in an obvious tone. "look at this one! the angle is horrifying ... aren't you a professional photographer?" you said- appalled.

I was offended. "yes I am. I believe the angles are fine, the shoot is fine. this is my style, this is the way I take photos. could you tell me what exactly you don't like about the pictures I took?"

"I don't like anything about them."

I wanted to strangle you. "maybe the reason why you don't like them is because of the way you look, not my photography style."

maybe you're just not photogenic.

then you were offended, you looked into my eyes for the first time and brown met brown. yours holding outrage and frustration, mine holding fierceness.

a huge thank you to my best friend :

honeybunnytae

who gave me the idea on how jin is introduced. I appreciate you- your love, your support, your help and our lovely friendship.