-46-

Custos' pov:

I hit Amata over her head when she told us what happened.

"Hey!? What was for?" She asked, rubbing head.

"Do you realize that you will ritually kill the most important elf in history?"

"But she wanted to die, the queen knows I said true with this symbol." She showed me what she said was the key of knowledge or something like that.

"Amata... For most of us none elves, the seven guides are a legend. We three are blessed to know it's true and have been able to lay an eye on her. Most elves, those that didn't die in the war, have lived alongside their guide up until the time she didn't wake up, she's important to them, a family even, they will see this person they knew as their great guide be killed by someone that just appeared in their lives less than a week ago, not even three days ago... This is one of the great changes you will bring to the world, you started with our king now this."

"Right right sorry I still can't wrap my head around all this, I seem to take the life of important people, those two armies that was Invisus' doing, I killed one guard in the castle, the king, then the queen of the land of fire, then now this... Kinda weighing on my shoulders you know? Trying to look at this lightly."

"I know it's a burden but that's why we are here idiot."

"For once I appreciate your ass Fortis." She sighed. "Don't get used to it though."

"Guys times come." We all faced Aura, I don't like this elf, she is way to touchy and nice with Amata just like now, taking her hand while leading us away. Oh and forgot to say we are in those fancy clothes given to us for the dinner with the queen... But that's the least of my worries. I kinda randomly started talking to Amata and get between her and the elf, Aura and I exchanging a similar unhappy glance quickly.

Amata's pov:

I sighed softly as we went over a bridge into one of the multiple clearing here.

All the elves were either sitting up in large but low hanging branches of the big trees or sitting on the ground, there were so many of them and I'm sure only a select few were invited to witness in person the passing of Somnum

All the elves were either sitting up in large but low hanging branches of the big trees or sitting on the ground, there were so many of them and I'm sure only a select few were invited to witness in person the passing of Somnum... The elvish queen Nix was here with her husband which for the first time I've seen, he looked more of a fighter then royalty.

 The elvish queen Nix was here with her husband which for the first time I've seen, he looked more of a fighter then royalty

I held on the key harder before handing it to Fortis to put away since he at least had pockets while I didn't in this dress.

Somnum was laid out on a stone table covered in different motives. I was playing with my dagger, I was told to bring it since I should take her life with what is mine and not borrowed from someone, I'll lose one of my daggers but that's the least of my worries right now, this is the first death that fills me with guilt, I had no reason to feel bad for the others, they needed to go down... But here there is no other reason than Somnum wanting it.

I shivered as my friends sat down and I was now standing along with the royal elvish couple. a heavy silence reigned over the forest as if the animals had stopped to listen, the trees went silent out of respect and the wind stopped to watch, like time had itself stopped existing until Nix finally broke it making me take a deep breath as I didn't notice I was holding my breath, my heart beating in my ears.

"My brethren, I'm sure all of you heard of the happenings but I will once again recite the tragic news... As you must know the child of the all mother has graced us with her presence along her travels to fulfill her destiny given to her by the all mother, in her she carries the remains of the wolfish guide, through the connection the seven shared our blessed Somnum called her to her side, pulling her in the land of dreams. Somnum then entrusted her with a final request, to take her life and free her from the torment we unconsciously put her through by keeping her around for our own selfish reasons and culture without knowing the suffering we forced on her soul... The child of the all goddess here opened our eyes on her pain and today we gathered here to pay our last respects before she goes forth to fulfill the request." I gulped, feeling like a ball in my throat as my hands shook slightly, this was nothing like the other times I killed, they deserved it all in different ways but not Somnum here, she doesn't deserve it, she made a mistake and now this is to happen.

I looked up as I felt a hand on my shoulder and glanced at Aura who had a gentle but sad smile, I laid my hand over hers and looked away, a tighter hold on my dagger, gulping again, feeling my hands becoming sweaty. 

There was another silence like before if not even heavier than before where elves paid respects... And well us wolves to not be seen as 'disgusting furry savages' or something along those lines. I had a hard time swallowing the saliva in my mouth as I walked over to the queen as she beckoned me own to her side.

"It's time for the request to be fulfilled child..." I toned out what she was saying even if I paid enough attention to hear what was important like I was to stab her and not pull the dagger out, no blood was to be seen, I was to not touch the body at all and I needed to turn away after stabbing her, that last one is for superstition saying her spirit would haunt me and push me to my suicide if I was to watch the body.

I didn't clearly listen as I couldn't take my eyes off the peaceful face of Somnum, she doesn't deserve this. I sighed softly and face the elf as Nix backed away and I raised my hand with the weapon, the tip hovering over the guide chest where her heart is. I was tightly holding the weapon with my hand shaking, unable to move.

I froze a little at the strange feeling, I stared at my hand, nothing was there and yet I felt like a cold and smooth hand around mine and another one around my waist, I felt a body that was not there... How many time do you plan on trying to behave like a mother you moon goddess? You never did before now.

I felt the thumb of that invisible hand rub over my hand before this whole feeling disappeared, I don't get it how but she can calm me down and I even started to call her mother despite not wanting to, that's a goddess for you I guess... I sighed and held my breath as I closed my eyes and pressed the weapon down. I instantly let go when the dagger couldn't go deeper and didn't need to be asked twice to look away, I didn't even open my eyes again.

I felt a pat on my head from the invisible hand before it was gone for good, I could just tell it was. I remained silent, guilt of taking her life big... She didn't deserve it... She didn't...