-74-

Aura's pov:

I saw those big chunks of crystal hitting the ground but I would have kept on fighting if I hadn't seen one land in the middle of the center group where Amata was, that distraction earned me a painful wound, the vampire was aiming for my neck but I moved enough for her to stab the knife in my shoulder deep before I cut her open with my sword and just ignoring the decision we had made a day before and left my group, zigzagging between people and killing some to try to get to Amata, worries too big to ignore.

Amata's pov:

I saw a crystal fly over us and I grabbed the nearest ally, pulling them against my front and turning my back to the crystal as it shatters and shot out shards and flames all around, even for me it felt almost painfully hot but I had no time to think about my fire resistance having limits right now. I let the one person I saved from the blast go and stabbed down an enemy.

I looked back with a frown, the back of my T-shirt was completely burned off with side of my pants just really black though that was the least of my worries right now. I was drenched, covering in mud and blood, my arms were sore and tired.

I got shoved down by a man in a second a distraction but stabbed him in the chest as I felt a burning feeling in my side, the asshole got me too. I shoved the body off me and blocked a blade with my own before a familiar face killed the woman and helped me up.

"Aura?! What are you doing here?!" I asked.

"I'm sorry okay?! I just needed to make sure you were alright!"

"Watch out!" I pushed her and kneed a man in the chest, I didn't hurt him since he had armor there but it made him fall and Aura stabbed him with her short blade.

"Thanks... You are hurt" I press down on the wound, dagger pommel deep in my side, I couldn't pull it out, I knew that it is what is blocking the bleeding for now.

"You are too... Do you know what we could do about these catapults?!" I pulled a crystal shard out from my back, it was a big shard piece and then an idea came to me. "Aura you know my vampire powers." She seemed to understand and offered me her bear arm. "But after this you run back to the walls and tell your parents to send the eagle, they will know what I meant."

"But!" "No buts Aura! That might be our last chance!"

"Fine..." 

I sighed, I was still in my hybrid form but activated my vampire powers, making the red marking turn purple as the blue mixed in, I looked around and bit her arm, I honestly wouldn't do it to anyone since I wouldn't feel good doing this without their consent... Yes, even in times of war...

"Go now!" I pushed her towards the wall making her stumble as she ran, I knew I was strong as a hybrid but I knew I had just boosted all my powers in this form by doing this, I tightened my hold on the crystal and chugged it in the air with a war cry, a few seconds later seen a smaller but still a big fire ball, I knew it!

I ran around picking up what was left of the broken crystal and chugged them back, they weren't making explosions as powerful as the ones catapults threw but it was still a feat for me being able to throw them strong and fast enough for them to shatter and explode again.

Aura's pov:

I felt a bit lightheaded but made it to the wall and inside.

"Where are my parents?!" I asked in haste before running where I was directed. "Mother! Father!"

"Aura what are you doing here?" Mom asked, both looking up from the map they were studying.

"I was sent here by Amata."

"Because of the catapults right?"

"I think, she told me to tell you to send the eagle and you would know what she meant."

3ird person pov:

Nix and her husband looked at each other before marching off to a place after telling Aura to rest a bit if she wishes to go back to fight later. the couple came up to the cage of a very special eagle never before seen flying in the sky.

The eagle was three times as big as the normal ones, it's feathers a pure black but nothing near the darkness Amata's wolf fur is, its claws were sharp as knife and its red eyes were studying and shined with intelligence. Nix folded a small paper note and attached it to the eagle's leg without opening the cage, it was a note only the elf couple and Amata knew of and it shall remain as such until the time has come.

"Fly straights, fly fast, fly like the wind and don't stop." Nix said as her husband open the cage and the eagle took off with one strong flap of its wing, flying fast in the sky as if it was a black falling star. Nix watched the majestic bird disappear above the elvish trees, heading towards a lone mountain range.

"Fly my friend fly, you are our last hope." The queen whispered to the wind all while praying to the all mother to aid the eagle to its destination with her winds.