-135-

(song name; 'why do you leave me alone now', yet another song that fits its chapter) (Future author: just in case future author means I am putting this A/N here on like 05.11.23 when the og was written 2-3 years ago... Anyhow I really dreaded these chapters because I knew they were painful)

Deus' pov:

My world, my whole world, it just fell apart, burning underneath my pained gaze and tear stained face.

I was silently sobbing as I slowly watched the pyre go down in size, I don't know how long I was there or if I was alone, I don't care... Don't care at all.

I just sat there all day and deep into the night, staring into the haunting flames that consumed the one I loved the most, the one made for me, my alter ego, my world, my everything!

My hands tightly wrapped around the makeshift necklace around my neck, the rings being all I have left of her, the one I gifted her and the one she gave me.

I just couldn't function, I just sat there, the sky crying with me but the flames persisted in their excruciating pace to consume all.

I don't know when I lost my voice or lost the ability to cry anymore I didn't care.

It hurts.

It hurts so much.

Much more then being kicked out of my home.

Much more then having my wings taken away.

Much more then the torture in that cave.

Much more then her first rejection.

Much more then when I saw that look in her eyes, the look of her knowing she was going to die.

It hurt more then anything.

Even after the inferno stopped blazing outside it didn't on the inside, a storm of all consuming emotions boiling inside my chest, threatening to kill me from the inside it was so violent.

Dragging myself across the ground I pulled out a small pouch, somehow my previously depleted tears soaking my face again as I shakily scooped the ashes into a pile and into the bag I tied shut and hugged against my chest.

-----------------------------------

Morning came before I moved again and stood up.

I undid the necklace and hooked the bags loop around it so it hung next to her ring.

I felt the storm rage inside with even more violence when I finally acknowledged I wasn't alone in the world.

I glared with all the emotions in my eyes at one specific person, slow marching to them, my body so tense I couldn't do otherwise.

Custos tried to step out in front of her but she put her hand out to stop her with a weak shake of the head, meeting my eyes which did nothing to help this blazing inferno in my chest.

I pulled back my arm and punched Amata in the face, stronger than any previous punches I ever thrown, but she remained standing!

A bruise formed the second my fist collided with her cheek, marking each of my fingers clearly, she did stumble and bring a hand up to touch it but did nothing more, looking back up at me.

"I'm sorry." She whispered out, it wasn't a mystery why I attacked her.

"YOU!!!" Another punch.

She spat blood on the ground with her eyes closed and tears on her face.

"HOW DARE YOU?!?!" My voice sounded more like screeching then anything else, the words barely able to be made out.

I kicked her leg so she fell on her knee before knee right to the face landing her on her back.

"HOW DARE YOU TAKE HER FROM ME?!?!" I yelled, holding her down with my weight as I held the coll of her jacket to pull her up to sit and face me.

"Sorry." She whispered before I unleashed another punch to her face, head whipping back but I still held her clothing.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE YOU LOST!" Left hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE YOU FAILED!" Right hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE YOU WERE WEAK!!" Left hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE YOU ARE MORE IMPORTANT THEN HER!!" Right hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE SHE'S CANNON FODDER TO YOU!!!" Left hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE YOUR FUCKING LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THEN ALL OF OURS COULD EVER BE!!!" Right hook.

"SHE DIED BECAUSE OF YOU!!!" Left hook but my fist hit the ground, sobbing too damn much I couldn't aim, crying loudly as I was leaning forwards, fist in the ground right next to her head.

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... So so so sorry..." She sobbed between whispers, bringing up her hands to try to wipe away her tears but they kept coming just like my own, endless waterfalls to express our pain.

I screamed and gave her another strong punch before I got up, nothing easing the pain.

I walked over to my stuff and put it on as shadows danced over my eyes, walking away from them.

"Where are you going?" Dea's voice gently broke the tense silence.

"I am her alter ego, her destined one and her wife... I will go to the elves and bring the news to her parents... They deserve to know... They deserve to see their child one last time..." I whispered, grabbing the bag of ashes tightly in a shaking hand without turning to face them.

"It is a long travel back that way... We will head to the town in the first town outside of this forest... We will wait for a month... If you aren't back we'll go on..."Custos said softly and I nodded, she was leaving me the chance to never come back but also know if I did they'd be waiting for me... I can't decide on that right now.

I took a deep breath and started walking again, walking backwards where we came from, on my way to the elves...