chapter 12

I sit down on the black swing set, today was a day, I sigh and roll my shoulder round, I knew it was gonna  be a heavy day since I got in the bus. Kids kept pushing my legs and when I got off the bus a stupid bicyclist flew past me and sprayed water on me from a puddle on the ground.

So I was tiered, wet and angry in the first hour of the day, great.

The all are teacher decided it would be great to torches us with buckets of homework. I have 2 history maps to do, 5 page report on a science experiment, I still have to read that Spanish book, an essay about my opinion on philosophy and creation, 10 problems of physics and on top of that 5 pages on math! And I hate math.

I try to do them, but as the sun started to get low I couldn't see anything. I only was able to do the essay of philosophy and the 5-page report on science. I pack my things and head back. I need to finish this, I need to get my grades up, so I could just be done with high school and move on...."move on", ....move on from what? Life is basically just high school in different areas.

As I get to the house I walk past my mom and dad that were sitting on the sofa, maybe they were asleep because they didn't see me come in, but I didn't bother to check. I get in my room and grunt when I see Peyton on my desk again, typing and playing in his phone.

"How was school" he said without looking at me.

"Great, just great" I say, making it come out bitter. I sat down and pulled out all my books and started to write again. After hours, I finish everything except math, I look up and see Peyton still typing, rubbing his eyes every now and then, like if he was gonna fall asleep on his laptop any second.

I pull my legs inside my chest and put my note in front of me. I look at the question again and again but I just didn't get it, I couldn't get it. I scribbled on about 5 pages to get one answer but it all was wrong and I'd didn't know where. Where was the problem! I need to know so I can fix this! So I can move on! I scream inside my head. I didn't even think I was making a sound until I look up to see Peyton looking right at me.

"You ok?" He asked. I nod and look back at my work, trying to remember if I said something or did something that I just didn't catch on. I feel the bed sink next to me and look up to Peyton. He takes my notebook and looks at it before he turns to look at me. "This?" He chuckles "this is easy, are you really having problems with his?"

I twist my eyebrows and yank the notebook back. I know I'm stupid but you don't have to rub it in my face I thought.

"Okay okay, sorry" he puts his hands up, but I ignored him. "Let me help you, I could show you a better method then in school."

Leave it to Peyton to think he's better than school system. I roll my eyes, feeling water in them, as if I was about to cry, but I hold it. "No I'm fine" I snap.

"Come on, I could really help you with his, it's only gonna take a couple seconds-"

"I said no!" I yell out again, shifting my body to the side, giving him my back. I hear him sigh and stand up, then I hear a pencil write on a piece of paper. Seconds later I see a paper being put next to me. I look at it with my left vision and see an equation written on it, with one of my problems already solved.

I look back at Peyton who started to type again, and then at the paper next to me, a little smile came on my face, and I felt the smallest teardrop from my eye, I didn't know why, I didn't feel sad but I did feel something weird. Something I never felt before. I feel warm inside. Like if I actually mattered.

I woke up the next day with a pain in my back, it was hard to sleep smashed against the wall. But I get up and head to school. For the first time I remember that we were going to the hospital before entering my English class.