chapter 28

I slept on the couch last night and left before Peyton could get up. I was so embarrassed that I didn't what to see him. What would I say when I see him?

"Hey Peyton I wanted to kill myself plenty of times but never did." And then throw a sarcastic smile at him or something? No. Absolutely not.

I get in the bus, rubbing my hands together to stay warm, it was colder than yesterday and I didn't have a sweater. I sit next to this lady that had in like 30 jackets on that looked like a marshmallow.

When the bus stops I get off and see the bus that takes us to the hospital. I put my glasses on and wondered if I could just wait here, but I decided to go with the others. What if they take another bus and I get left behind, I'm not gonna miss out on seeing Royal today.

When I walk in I see Rebecca with some friends. I thought about saying hi, but I didn't want to embarrass her in front of her friends. So I walk by as if I didn't see her, but she screams out my name making me stop and turn around to her.

She pulled one of her friends with her making the others follow and put her arm around mine.

I was confused and turning pink, but luckily everyone would just think it was because of my face wound, and that was a life saver.

She kept on walking as if it was nothing, but I could see the confusion on her friends faces. One looked at me up and down and twisted her face like if she smelled a dumpster.

I don't blame her.

I can't believe that Rebecca would jeopardize her reputation with me, I was going to have to talk to her about that. That she didn't need to feel sorry for me. Maybe today at the park.

We walk to the class room with everyone waiting outside. I was almost time to leave but Mr Steve did show up. I was just about to ask until Rebecca did.

"Where's Mr Steve?" She says.

"Had to pick up something at the office" a guy with red hair says. William, I think, I'm not sure.

We stayed there, probably a few minutes but it felt like hours to me, I wanted to go already! That's until I feel Rebecca's hand move. I looked at her, and she was into her conversation, probably doing it without thinking.

Her hand moved from my lower chest, where it was resting on my hand that was shoved in my pocket. And moved to my belt. I looked at her again and she was still talking. Did she really not notice this? Then I feel her hand move farther down my belt. I was starting to shake.

I was about to move her, so she would notice it, but her hand moved more down and I felt her finger nails brush on my thigh. I jerk away. So fast and so suddenly that I hit someone.

"Look out you moron- oh Nickolas" I look around and see Amanda with her band uniform and a notebook on the floor.

"Amanda, sorry. It was an accident." I say fast picking up her notebook and handing it to her.

"Don't worry, if you where those football jocks then I would have punched you. So don't worry."

I don't know how to answer to that.

"I'll see you at lunch, remember Jake is gonna bring double." With that she runs off, probably late. Leaving me wondering how she knew my name.

I look back getting the attention of some people, but seeing how they lose interest quickly. I look over at Rebecca that had her hands crossed over her chest and glaring at the ground. Probably a bad joke or what ever girls get mad about.

Finally, Mr Steve comes, and we all rush to the bus. I was the last one on, and just as I was about to find an empty sit Ethan streams out for me. And I sit with him.