chapter 24

Peyton comes around and puts his hand on her waist looking at me.

"Hey, perfect timing." He smiles.

No, actually the worst timing.

I walk past them into the house and see my mom and dad eating a salad from some experience restaurant on the table. I ignore them and walk into the kitchen and make some hot dogs for me. I did it cause Joanna is a vegetarian and I knew the smell would make her wanna puke.

I also knew that everyone knew what I was doing, so they each gave me a dirty glare, but I found that amusing.

"So why are you hear?" I ask, putting the hot dogs in the bread.

I could see Joanna look at Peyton and then at me. "Well I just thought I visit, Peyton is gonna be here for two weeks, so I'm gonna miss him."

Two weeks, two weeks. Of course.

"And why exactly?" I say. "Can he just stay with you?"

I hear a gasp from my mom as I say that, it's always been a big thing for her to stay a virgin until marriage. On my part it was ok, no one liked me anyway. And I knew that since Peyton is Mr perfect, he wouldn't do anything either, although sometimes I would just get this feeling.

"Don't worry Lucy" Joanna said. "We wanna wait anyway." I see Joanna hold Peyton's hand as he looks away, and there I get that feeling again, but I say nothing. "But I better go, it's a really long way."

I see how everyone says goodbye, and Peyton leaves with her to take her to her car and I just stand there seeing everything happen, eating my hot dog, finding it kind of amusing.

That's when I realized, I'm not sad, I'm happy, normally I would be sad about all this but I'm not. Then I smile remembering the day with Royal. She makes me happy.

Then I hear Peyton laugh, I look over at him with his hands crossed over his chest and a smirk.

"Is this Royal?" He asks, and her name makes me smile more but I have to stuff my mouth with the hotdog, so he couldn't see it. "I'm wanna meet her you know."

"Only if I allow it." I say walking to my room feeling how he follows me inside.

"Please I want to meet her." He said.

I drop on my bed and put my head in a pillow to not see him.

"At least a picture! Please!" He begs.

"You should concentrate on Joanna." I Say expecting an answer but I didn't get one, after a long time I look up at him and see him looking at the wall in silence until he sees me.

"Wanna go out tomorrow?" He said out of the blue.

"Tomorrow?" I question looking at him confused. I didn't have planes for tomorrow, but I knew that I wanted to see Royal again. So maybe I would. "I can't." I say.

"Why?" he asked immediately. But I turn my body around, so he won't see me.

"Going out." I say, and after that, the conversation died.

The next morning I get up at 11, and see Peyton on his phone, his face looks so emotionless. I get up and head to the bathroom without talking to him. I take a shower and get out getting a banana from the kitchen and heading to the door. I wanted to see Royal.

But Peyton stops me at the door. "Where you headed?" He asks.

"Just out." I say, looking at my mom that was reading a magazine on the couch, wondering if she would get in the conversation too.