chapter 25

I was angry, so angry.

I wasn't sure of what exactly, but I was. I hate Peyton right now, what was he even doing there!

He said he was following me around to see if I was gonna meet up with a girl because he really wanted to meet Royal. So he saw me with Rebecca and then with Royal. He even said he couldn't believe that I had to girls at my feet. I rolled my eyes because no girls are at my feet, they're just friends.

He was begging me to tell him about Royal, and why she was in the hospital and how I met her. But I ran off when I had the chance. I almost dragged him out of the hospital and the ran of when I saw that he got distracted with a car honk, I ran away as fast as I could.

I knew he was running after me because I heard my name several times, but I didn't stop, and even though I'm not good at anything, I sure know how to run.

At some point, I felt tears fall on my arms as I ran. I didn't even know why or when I started crying.

I ran and I ran, until I tripped over a branch falling face-first into the concrete of the sidewalk of a park, that I never saw before. It was already night and I didn't care if I looked weird or dead, I didn't move from that spot. I just felt a burn in my face and liquid coming down from it, and I couldn't tell if it was blood or tears, but I couldn't care less. I also felt a huge pain in my nose, I felt it burn and swollen, better bigger and bigger by the second, feeling a sting as I breathe.

I laid there, for about 2 hours, just thinking about everything and nothing. Now Peyton knows, and I didn't want that, why is it so wrong to have a personal life that doesn't involve him? Why does he have to know everything happening to me? I don't ask about his life, I don't follow him around, I couldn't care less about what he does and doesn't do, why can't he do that with me?

And what if Royal likes him better? You could tell just by looking at us that he wins in everything and I don't. What if she wants to see him? What if she wants to know him? What if the one person that actually makes me happy wants him more then me?

What if he starts feeling pity for me? What if he tells Mom and Dad, and they feel pity for me? I didn't want everyones pity?

I have nothing in my life, nothing. Nothing to brag about, nothing I'm good that, why can't Peyton just let me have this?

If he loved me so much he would understand. But he doesn't.

After a long time I get up and see a pool of liquid right in front of me, but it was so dark that I couldn't see the color. But when I car passed next to me with their lights on, I could see it was completely red.

The first thought I had was that now I could bleed to death and that it was ok, but one second later I saw Royal in my head, her smiles as I felt with Peyton, and I knew I couldn't do that.

I get up and look around, I never saw this place before. I pull my phone out and ignore all the calls from Peyton and my mom and dad and go to Google map and tip in the name of the hospital, it was 1 hour away in a car.

So I walk. And walk and walk. For more than 3 hours until I see the hospital right in front of me.

I didn't know how I looked but I could tell by the way a receptionist saw me that I looked bad. I could see that her eyes went wide and her face was taken back.

"What's your name?" She asked me, with an Australian accent.

"Nickolas Greysen" I say. "I feel down."

"Down what?" She asked, still shook.

"The floor?" I say.

After that she started to hand me papers to sign as another nurse walked me to my room, I walked past Royals room and kept looking at it until I couldn't see it. Then I went up to the second floor.