chapter 29

When I get home Peyton was right in front of the door, looking at me. I felt my face get red, and my hands get sweaty. But I still breath in deep when I see him, trying to look casually.

"Look what I found at the old antic shop down the street." He says throwing me something black. I get it and see it's black bracelet, with little spikes poking out of it, in a weird looking braid. "I saw it, and it reminded me about you, so I got it."

"Thanks" I mumble and put it on, hoping he would see that. Maybe if I treat him with respect while he's here, he won't tell Mom and Dad about what he found in my room. But I automatically see the bracelet getting stuck in my fabric.

I look around and smell pizza, and when I walk to the kitchen I see a pizza box with two slices and mom and dad sitting down next to it.

"Hungry?" Mom said cheerfully. The way she is when Peyton is around. I would normally roll my eyes, but right now, I just want to eat.

I sit down and start to eat the pizza, but mom decided it would be a great idea to talk.

"How was school today? Any news?" She asked. But I just shake my head.

"How's the project going?" She asks, making me up at her confused. "You still see that girl Royal?"

"Project?" Peyton asks before walking over to us. "You know her because of a project?"

I glance at him then at my dad that looked at me confused. "You have two projects then?" He asks. "The hospital girl, and the other girl that i thought you were dating."

My mom's eyes widen. "You're seeing two girls."

"No, no" I say. "I just have one project and I'm not dating anyone."

"Royals the project then?" Peyton ask.

"Royal? Wasn't she the one you see after school?" Mom asked.

"So you have two girls?" dad says.

"No that's a different one." I say fast.

"Then you are with two girls!" My mom screamed.

"No!" I scream back getting everyone's attention. "I only have one project, it's about a hospital patient, and I just hang out with friends after school."

I see her faces relax a bit, still confused. "Didn't you say you saw Royal after school?"

"No." I lied, I did tell her that. "You're probably confused."

I get a little glace from Peyton before he takes over. "Well Royal is a nice girl."

My dad glares.

"You meet in the hospital right?" Mom asks.

He nods "Before this happened." He points at my face. "And I meet his other friend, she's pretty too."

"Well I sure hope your friends, not something else." Mom glares at me. "You can't just fool around with girls like that Nickolas."

Seriously?

Me, the guy that trembles when he talks to someone, be fooling around with two girls?

"That's not gonna happen." I say shortly.

"I sure hope it doesn't, if you want a girlfriend just follow Peyton's steps and get one and show her respect."

This makes me get red in anger. Follow Peyton's steps? The guy that cheated on his girlfriend? I see how mom got Peyton's hand in hers and held it. And how he looked at her so casually. Then when his eyes turned to me I saw embarrassment. But I didn't care. I was getting yelled at for something I would never do, while Peyton, Mr perfect, got recognition for something horrible he did! This was too low, lowed then me. And that was low.