"you're my best friend chris."- christopher chambers [edited]

i climb up the ladder of the treehouse, and knock the secret knock. the door gets opened and i pull myself up. i see chris sitting there puffy eyed, he quickly wipes his eyes hoping i won't notice that he was crying. but i do. i always do. he looks up at me, and forces a smile. but it doesn't work because i can see the pain in his eyes trying their best to hide any evidence that he was crying. i don't say anything i just go straight up to him and hug him. he hugs me back, of course.

we both lie down his head resting my chest, my hands are in his hair, well what's there anyway. playing with it to calm him down.

we just lay there for what seems like hours, which it may have been but we didn't care we where just enjoying each others presence. after a couple of minutes, i say. "do you want to tell me what happened chris?"

"just my dad, h-he  h-h-it eyeball and then he hit me. and called us worthless piles of shit and to get lost." the words that spill from his perfect lips, make my heart shatter. he makes my cold heart beat, every other day.

"i hate him, you don't deserve this." i say anger very evident in my tone.

he sits up, and i do as well he grabs my hand.

"y/n?" chris asks looking at my eyes. taking in there captivating e/c colour.

i nod gesturing for him to go on.

"thanks for always being there for me, i love you so much. and not just as a friend. i have been in love with you since kindergarten. please don't leave, your the only good thing i have left. and i understand if you don't feel the same wa-" i cut him off my placing my lips on his, at first he is shocked and doesn't kiss back. but soon he kisses back, our mouths slowly part and tongues battle for dominance.

we pull back breathes heavy and let our foreheads touch.

"i love you, y/f/n."

"i love you christopher chambers."

who knew that this boy would stick around for a lot longer than we thought. now i gotta go our kids want me to cook them dinner they are hungry.

___

just edited this a year later what a bloody piece of shit.

hope you enjoyed.

- lily