goodbye - ponyboy curtis.

y/n's sneakers thumped the road as she ran down to the curtis'. her hair was a mess, and her breathe uneven. she saw the gang waving and pushing a teary eyed ponyboy, who was laughing.

y/n stopped running to catch her breathe regretting coming for a few seconds when the gang laid eyes on her. soda gave a gentle smile, making pony turn his head. he saw his dishevelled ex girlfriend with pink cheeks.

"y/n? you okay? what're you doing here? i thought we agreed it'd be easier if we didn't say goodbye."

"you did."

"what?"

"you did, not me. you dumped me and i cried, then i remembered. that you probably still love me too."

he looked down scratching his head, as he grew more sad. "of course i do thats why i broke up with you. for your own good, you should have a boyfriend who is here, not in the city."

"do you trust me?"

"yes."

"do you trust me to still love you even if you're away at college?"

"yeah?"

"then kiss me right now, you fucking idiot."

he smiled and grabbed her by the hips, basking in the feeling of her close. her intoxicating smell of lavender and her pretty necklace he bought her which she never took off.

he missed her, even though he didn't want to.

his head dipped down to hers and they finally shared a goodbye kiss, the one that y/n had thought about having ever since he ran up to her at school and lifted her up in joy, saying he got in to college. a good one, for smart kids like him.

darry, y/n, soda, and pony all got into the car saying a goodbye and went to drop ponyboy off. when they arrived ponyboy gave her a big kiss and hug, saying he would call her every night. and that he would visit soon. he was going to miss her, soda and johnny the most.

he walked off boxes in hand.

"bye y/n, soda, darry."

"goodbye ponyboy curtis, keep em grades up ya hear?" said darry with a joking smile.

"have some fun, make some friends." smiled soda.

"don't forget about me." said y/n holding the ends of her shirt sleeve in hand.

"how could i ever forget about y/n cade."

y/n smiled and clung to ponyboy's jacket that covered her small frame even tighter. they all got into the car and y/n sighed aloud, "i'm gonna miss that doofus."

"we all are. first curtis brother to go to college."

"probably one of the first greasers to go to college dar." said y/n tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "he deserves it though, he studied his ass off."

ponyboy reached his dorm and found a piece of paper in his pocket.

goodbye ponyboy have fun, don't forget to come visit us all. even though you'll have all your smarty pants friends, don't forget the gang and me.

love always,

y/n cade.