sweet - sodapop curtis.

a/n - i missed writing about the outsiders and writing for you guys so much :(

y/n l/n was a greaser a quiet one at that, she wasn't the type to get rowdy with her friends or shout at socs. she didn't wear an excessive amount of eye makeup like other greasy girls, she hated the rules and she hated tulsa most of all. she so desperately wanted to leave.

she wasn't really in a gang but she had a few friends in each gang around town. she was a pretty sweet gal, but no one knew that because she never talked to anyone.

she would just walked around with a smoke hanging from her mouth and calm expression. she had a few friends but they did most of the talking, when y/n did talk though you knew she had thought about what she was gonna say.

one day y/n was buying some snacks for her friends who were waiting in their shitty car which her group worshipped. it had taken the girls a month to get all the parts and another month to get it started. it wasn't anyones car it was a car they all shared. the dx had some pretty good snacks so y/n grabbed a few chip packets enough pepsi's for everyone and she walked up to the counter.

she was met with sodapop curtis who gave her a dazzling smile, but his eyes seemed tired this time. this time his eyes didn't really meet his smile.

she placed the things on the counter, "could i also get a pack of smokes?" she asked.

soda was taken aback by her melodic voice, he had never heard it. it was raspy but soft and sweet at the same time. it rolled like honey of her tongue and it made sodapop feel weak at the knees.

he nodded "yeah sure." he grabbed some and started ringing the order up.

"i heard ponyboy and johnny are missing, i'm real sorry. i hope they're okay." she said, and he looked up. he felt his body become overwhelmed with so many emotions.

"uh thanks y/n, i hope they're okay as well." he sighed handing over the brown bags filled with her shopping. she grabbed them in each arm.

"well i guess i'll see you around sodapop." she smiled, and he nodded.

"i sure hope so y/n."

y/n smiled and left, soda watched her sway her hips as she walked back to her car and he smiled to himself.

later than night sodapop and all his gang were out at the dingo, two-bit thought it might cheer everyone up a bit. it was working a little but it just wasn't the same without johnny and pony. soda sat reluctantly his hair greased back in complicated swirls, his outfit was simple and he had changed out of his dx uniform. he was in a black t-shirt and jeans and he look handsome as always.

y/n was in a sweet peach coloured blouse and denim shorts her usual converse were at her feet and she looked trendy and cool. she usually dressed for comfort, so jeans and t-shirts, and in the summer muscle shirts and denim shorts. but she never really wore bright colours. unlike now. she also had her big denim jacket hanging over her body, covering most of her outfit and a smoke hanging from her pink painted lips.

"man, i don't know 'bout this. why'd i 'ave to come?" she asked letting out a puff of smoke straight into betty's eyes.

betty coughed and grabbed her hand dragging her over to the curtis table. "because i can't come by myself, and will you cool it on the smokes? you'll die by the time your 21 at this rate."

y/n scoffed feeling the eyes of the boys on her, "thats kinda the point bets, and i don't got no money i spent it on the food this afternoon."

soda looked over and felt a blush rise on his cheeks, "don't worry, i'll pay for you." said soda.

y/n looked over and smiled, "thanks sodapop."

the two girls squished themselves into the booth, betty on two-bits lap — they are kinda a thing now. and y/n was basically on sodas lap.

"so what'd you girls do today?" asked steve.

betty answered for the both of them and y/n just continued smoking. "we drove around and y/n helped my sister with her homework."

all eyes then landed on her, and she only blew another puff. betty rolled her eyes at her friend, "she's smarter then she looks."

y/n furrowed her brows, "hey."

betty only gave a grin, "you know i love you." she replied.

y/n rolled her eyes and the put her smoke out on the ashtray in the middle of the table. y/n smiled at soda who was watching her — the two were drawn into a conversation of their own. the rest of the table were chatting on about all the local drama and fights compared to y/n and soda who were flirting shyly.

"so i was wondering if you wanted to maybe go a see a movie sometime?" soda asked with a blush on his cheeks.

y/n ran a hand through her hair, "like a date?"

soda nodded moving an arm around her shoulder, "yeah. like a date, you know i'll pick you up and then buy you some popcorn. hopefully kiss you at the end of the night and see you again for another."

this made y/n blush into sodas arm. "okay. i'll meet you there?" y/n had never been on a date before so she didn't exactly know how they work. she knew that when she told betty she'd have to persuade her not to wear a dress. wait did she have to wear a dress? so many questions.

"no, i'll pick you up." he smirked at her shyness and innocence.

she pulled out a pen and grabbed the arm that wasn't wrapped around her and began to write her phone number down. "call me tonight."

he nodded and y/n gave a quick peck to his cheek. betty grabbed her hand and the two girls walked off with a little wave and a goodbye to the boys.

soda sat dreamily looking at his arm with y/n's phone number on it. in her neat writing.

"soda has a crush." teased two-bit.

"indeed i do." he said looking at y/n's retreating figure through the window.

hey guys! i'm sorry its been so long since i updated! i love you guys so much! and i really did miss writing for the eighties! thanks for nearly 100k its the best birthday present i could ever ask for!

- lily xxx