chapter 7 - Mr. Lee Know (s everybody)

Chan's p.o.v

I walk down one alley quickly and quietly. If I remember right, the guy I'm looking for is down he-

I get the feeling I'm not alone.

I whip around, and sure enough, there's a black cat, a shifter, there.

It meows at me. I don't know much cat, but I understand the general question.

"I'm not a shifter. I'm willing to talk in human form, though." I answer.

He nods and shifts.

"Ah!" I cover my eyes.

"What? Never seen a naked cat before?" He grumbles.

"To be honest? No." I answer, eyes still covered.

"Here- just put on my jacket." I hand it to him, eyes closed as I hear rustling.

"Done, princess. You can uncover your eyes now."

I open my eyes and am delighted to see that my jacket is long enough on him to cover everything. Plus he looks cute now.

"Thanks. You're changbin, right?" I ask, messing with my fingers. I've met him once before, but he was busy. He's the right hand man to the guy I'm looking for.

"Yeah. And you are?"

"I'm Chan. Im looking for Minho." I tell him truthfully.

"What for?" He asks, glowering at me.

"I'm looking for someone. Minho knows everyone."

He nods once,

"I'll go get him."

He turns back to a cat, my hoodie dropping to the ground. I pick it up and sit down to wait.

--

Agust's p.o.v

"Agust!" Woojin gasps into his phone, "there's this stray dog on the street- the poor baby is cut up and bleeding!"

I gasp,

"Woojin, is he okay?"

"I don't know. Permission to skip work for a bit?" He asks, "I have to bring him to the vet."

I agree quickly.

--

Chan's p.o.v

"Chan." Minho greets, not cold, definitely not warm.

"Minho. Long time no see." I greet him with a small bow. This man likes being respected, and I respect that. He worked hard to get to this point.

"Who did you need to find?" He asks, leaning against the wall.

Lucky for me, they put on clothes.

"Do you remember that dog from a while back? He wandered down this alley and asked for help finding home?"

"Yeah. Hyunjin. What about him?"

"Remember he talked about his friend, the shifter cat? The rich one who was super into hybrid rights?"

"Yeah, seungmin."

"I don't know how you remember all these names, but yes. I have an idea."

"I'll only help if you tell me the idea." He says, tilting his head slightly.

I explain it to him quickly.

"I like this idea... Would your 'agust' possibly consider taking in two little buddies of mine?" He asks, eyes cast downwards.

"He would take in anyone with a good heart, Minho. Including you and changbin." I promise him, my heart thrilling at the thought of my human.

"Good. Hyunjin is a problem, though... His owner abandoned him recently. Last I heard, he got into a dog fight. That softie definitely lost." He scoffs.

"Where?" I ask, face darkening.

He tells me the place.

"Y-you mean... The bakery where..." I shiver just thinking about it. It makes sense now.

"Hey, isn't that where those shifters tore you up? I heard they threw you in the dumpster afte-" he cuts himself off.

"Hey, channie, I'm sorry, don't cry." He puts his hand on my shoulder, "you found your Agust after that, right? It's alright."

I nod, wiping my face.

"I need to go look for him."

"Be careful." Changbin nods, eyes softer than I've ever seen them.

--

Owo

What's gonna happen?

look its chan