chapter 21 - dang olfactory senses

--

"that should be good." hyunjin says, smoothing the last bit of makeup over my collar.

"thanks." i kiss his forehead gently.

he blushes, grinning.

i go out to the front, standing beside minho at the register.

"hey." he greets, absently staring at the door.

"hi, kitty." i greet, reaching up and scratching his ears.

he hums and tilts his head, allowing me easier acess.

"i need to spend more time with you and the others." i say, thinking aloud.

"yeah? youre always welcome." he sighs, moving out of my reach.

ah, always the professional.

i grin and lean my head on his shoulder.

"agust." chan wanders over, "can i have the rest of the day off?"

his eyes zero on my head rested against minho, but says nothing.

"yeah, pup. why?"

"i want to advertise for the jobs. maybe we can help more strays off the street and have more free days." he grins.

"well, as long as they pay for their own apartments, im fine with that." i pat his cheek gently.

he kisses my hand before heading out.

"In that case, wanna go out with us later? me, jisung, changbin, felix, and hyunjin were going to go shopping."

"yeah!"

--

"where to first?" i ask, looking around the large shopping area.

"well, we all still need clothes." minho hums, "and hyunjin has expensive tastes."

"cool." i half smile, following them.

--

"how about this one?" hyunjin asks, letting the shirt drape over his frame.

"wow, you really suit everything." i sigh, appreciating the beautiful man in front of me.

"i cant help it." he jokes, flipping his hair.

--

"wahh, jisung!" i cry as he tries on a bucket hat, "you look so good in that!"

"he looks super good in all hats, agust." felix grins, resting his arm on my shoulder.

"you try some clothes on, too!" jisung throws a few at me.

--

"wow, agust! looking good~~~" changbin giggles.

"thanks." i roll my eyes.

"look, it looked good on Hyungwon from Monsta X!" felix whines, showing me a picture.

"look, im not sure if youve noticed, but im not Hyungwon." i roll my eyes again, laughing.

I change back into my regular clothes, going to Minho's side.

He's on his (new) phone, setting it up.

I relax and look around, waiting for the others to pay and come out of the store.

Minho suddenly tenses, staring straight ahead.

"Minho?"

"Sh, Agust... That smell..." He growls lowly, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"What?" I whisper, looking around.

Dang, my weak olfactory senses.

He pulls us into an aromatic pretzle cafe.

He's composed on the outside, but his quick breathing and shifty eyes give away how nervously he really is.

"Minho. Slow down. What's happening?" I ask, his grip on me not relaxing

"It's my ex." He spits harshly.

I try to speak again, but minho places a single finger on my lips, effectively shutting me up.

"He was... Not a good person. Let's just say... If he saw me, with you especially, we would have a really big problem. And I need to stay far away from him." He whispers, voice trembling slightly.

"Jisung..." I whisper, struggling out of his grip so I can get to the others.

"No! Agust, you smell like me!" He grips my wrists and brings me to his chest again, our faces inches apart.

We stay still like that for a long time, locking eyes.

"Hyung? Agust?" I hear hyunjin calling.

"M-minho," I whimper.

He cautiously sniffs the air, then pulls us out of the cafe swiftly.

The others see us and follow quickly.

Hyunjin is confused, but Felix and jisung seem to trust minho and follow immediately, no questions asked.

Changbin is even more dutiful than minho, taking my arm.

"Now Agust, I want you to stand between hyunjin and Felix. Guys, put your arms around him. Bin, jisung, flank me. Agust, you guys get to the car." Minho orders, letting go of me.

Felix does as the older man says, but hyunjin is a bit reluctant.

"Hyung, why-"

Felix cuts him off with a huff, shushing him.

--

Ooof another angsty plot arc.

I felt like the other hybrids weren't well introduced, so here we go!

(Probably the last plot arc before the book ends :'))