chapter 18 - 1,000 words of depression

--

"okay, so we drop you off, then you slip out in a few days. come straight home, got it?" chan directs.

his arm is mostly healed, he just needs a week more before the sling can come off.

"got it." seungmin nods, kissing chans nose.

Then the kitten turns around and kisses my lips gently.

"minnie!" i gasp.

he giggles and hops out of the way of chans swipe.

"you little-"

"Sorry, hyung, I've been wanting to do that for a while."

"I'm glad to be rid of the rascal." Chan scoffs as the boy runs off.

"Tsk, Chan, you don't mean that." I roll my eyes, leaning into his shoulder.

He hugs me and chuckles.

--

"Thank you for our pumpkin! I don't know what we would do without our little muffie-wuffie!" Seungmin's owner rubs her face against his side, which I know for a fact he hates. He stared up into my eyes, trying to reassure me.

"Yeah, I figured such a beautiful and sweet cat would be missed." I sigh, holding my finger out for seungmin to brush his cheeks and the top of his head against.

He bites my finger gently, purring.

"The prize money is all in this envelope. Mr. Floopleshnoop will never leave this house ever again. I promise that." The lady grabs seungmin around his waist and picks him up, away from me.

I get the cue to leave.

Just as I'm about to go, seungmin meows loudly and wriggles from her grip.

He runs out to me and rubs against my legs one last time before heading back to his owner.

'see you soon' is clearly written in his eyes as I walk out.

--

"Are you crying?" Chan asks as I get in the car.

I don't say anything, but wipe my eyes and drive off.

--

"That should be the last of the furniture!" Minho places the last bunk bed down.

"Really, hyung? We live here now?" Jisung asks, setting his stuff down on the bed.

He didn't have much, none of them did. He had a few clothes, a stuffed animal, and a bedsheet.

"I'm sorry I couldn't buy you guys more stuff... Even with everyone's salary, it was tight." I hug minho tightly.

He awkwardly pats my back as his tail swishes.

He's not used to physical affection, but I live off of it, so I'm trying to condition him to it and give it a good connotation by praising him along with it.

It seems to be working a little.

Felix comes in with a bunch of stuffed animals that I had donated to his collection.

"Where do I put these?" He huffs, trying to keep everything from falling.

I laugh and help him get everything to his room.

Hyunjin and woojin are having separation issues, but woojin wants him to make better friends with everyone. I tried convincing chan of the same thing, but he erm... Changed my mind.

--

"Why don't you go live with the guys?" I had asked one night, brushing my teeth.

He was getting dressed for bed, so he was shirtless and in sweatpants.