chapter 8 - poor puppy

Agust's p.o.v

"Agust, he won't come in!" Woojin complains, "I'm so worried!"

"You know what? Bring him here." I decide.

Ive taken care of a dog before. Kind of.

I'm sure it will be fine.

--

Chan's p.o.v

I shakily walk into the alleyway.

"Hyunjin?" I whisper-call. The smell of rot and cake mingled together makes me gag, reminding me of that night.

"I thought I told you to never come back here." Someone growls in dog. The voice sends shivers down my spine.

"I'm just looking for hyunjin. I'll leave after you tell me if you killed him." I shake out.

"We left him dying on the side of the street. Someone picked his dead body up a while ago. You're too late, stray." He growls once more, "now if you don't leave, I'll have to teach you one last lesson."

I gasp and scramble out of there, not stopping until I get back to agusts Cafe.

--

Agust's p.o.v

Chan walks Into the store, looking dejected and tired.

"No luck, pup?" I ask as he comes and falls into my arms.

He shakes his head sadly, sniffling.

"I think he's dead."

"The cat? It the dog? Or the cat that the dog knows?"

"The dog." He answers, crushing his fingers into my sides.

I stroke his hair and wrinkle my nose.

"I'm sorry, baby boy, but you need a bath. Why don't you go home and take a mental health day?"

"I can't. Not without you. You are my health." He sniffles.

"Go grab a booth, pup. I'll bring you some sweets." I kiss his forehead.

He does as I say, and woojin calls as I gather the stuff.

"We're almost here. I'll bring him in the back so he can stay in the kitchen, if that's okay.

"Yeah, let me get everything out of his reach." I say after setting the plate of sweets on Chan's table.

He kisses my cheeks before I walk away.

"Okay, thank you." He hangs up.

--

Soon enough, the back door opens.

It's pretty late, so no one is here. I close up early and go to check the pup out.

"Channie? Can you come with me?" I ask. He may be able to help.

As we walk into the kitchen, Chan's ears perk up and he gasps.

The beautiful black dog on the floor is torn up and bleeding, though not much.

Woojin is sitting next to him, gently stroking him.

"How are we going to take care of him?" Woojin asks sadly.

"Hyunjin!" Chan gasps.

The dog perks up and looks at chan.

He whimpers, and chan laughs, his tears rolling again,

"Yes, it's me! They're good to hybrids, it's okay, you can shift!" He promises, sitting on his knees next to woojin.

I follow suit and am amazed as the dog disappears and is replaced by a beautiful man.

Woojin and I yell as chan calmly takes his jacket off

"Jeeze, have you never seen a naked dog before?" He scoffs, handing the boy his jacket.

Hyunjin puts it on.

"You're chan, from minho's alley, right?" He asks, shivering and covered in injuries.

"Yeah. Whatever, though, I was looking for you, and you're alive, and I found you, and now we gotta keep you alive." Chan says, standing up.

He picks up the thin boy and starts walking.

"Wait!" Woojin snaps out of his shock, "he's still practically naked!"

He takes off his jacket as well and drapes it over the boy's legs and goodies.

"Agust, can we take him to our house?" Chan asks.

"My house is closer." Woojin says, face set with determination.

---

oh, hi, didnt see u therw

hheres a thing i drew

and heres a hyunjin for the soul