chapter 16 - ferrets and kittens

--
Chan's p.o.v.

I walk into minho's alley, once slightly more inviting.

There used to be rustling through the garbage cans and everything was neat and picked up. Now it looks like it was torn through and everyone was killed.

I hear tutting from a corner.

"Little channie. I thought we already talked about this?"

"Just give me minho, jisung, and Felix and I'll leave." I growl.

The dog steps into the light.

"JinYoung." I nod.

"Your little friends? Oh, they're dead. Right along with hyunjin. Only one bitch left to kill."

I hear growling from all around.

I'm surrounded.

"Agust, forgive me." I pray before they all lunge at me.

"Hey!" A voice calls, making the other dogs back off, "It's the police! Back off of the man!"

Lots of policemen with animal restraining poles and guns come down the alley, catching the stray dogs left and right.

JYP snarls, lunging for me once again. He grabs my arm and leaps back, tearing at my limb.

I gasp and everything starts getting fuzzy.

"Chan? Chan!..."

--

Agust's p.o.v

I watch my precious hybrid as they load him into the ambulance, getting in as well.

"Hey, you can't be in here unless you're his owner." The medic says, putting his hand out.

"My names on his collar." I growl, showing him and pulling out my wallet.

Who knew that when I called the police, my instincts were right?

"He's fine." The medic promises, "he just passed out from the shock."

I nod, eyes closed. His arm looked gruesome. At least it was his left arm.

I call woojin and give him an update.

"They also found a ferret and a cat. Are they also yours?" Someone asks me.

Chan groans a bit and nods.

I quickly agree, "yeah, they're my pets... Minho and felix...?"

Chan nods again.

"Okay. We're sending them to the vet."

I nod again.

--

Woojin's p.o.v

After the two rushed out the door, I watch my boy leap into action and get a cloth to wipe changbin off. He's passed out and cut up, claw marks all over.

I gently help the man out of his jacket, letting his get some air.

To my surprise, though, the jacket moves.

A rodent, a ferret, I think, crawls out of a pocket and up the arm.

I offer my own arm for it to crawl up.

He rests on my shoulder as I fold up the jacket and put it in the wash.

The ferret coos at me.

"Are you a shifter, as well? I'll put you in a room with some clothes. Change and come out, I need to help hyunjin with changbin."

The ferret makes a noise, acknowledging me.

I do as I said and go back out.

Hyunjin is trying to pick the small man up.

Though he was shorter than the dog hybrid, hyunjin was still painfully thin.

I take changbin from him and we get him to the bathroom to clean off easier.

He opens his eyes blearily and gasps, grabbing at his sides.

"No! Jisung! I lost him too? Fuck!" He hisses, blinking hard before bursting into sobs.

"CHANGBIN!" another voice calls before there's a bang on the bathroom door.

I curse and open it, revealing a boy with bright orange hair, half into a shirt, which I'm pretty sure his head was through on of the arm holes.

"Jisung?" I ask, crouching down. He nods, looking pitiful.

I help him get his shirt on correctly, then I pull him into the bathroom.

He sits on his knees and lays his head on chanbin's lap.

Chanbin stirs and sighs.

Jisung glares up at the man and blinks tears out of his eyes.

"What... What happened?" Hyunjin asks softly, his ears drooping.

"I've been living with minho and changbin for weeks now, with my little brother, felix." He sniffles, "last night, we were woken up by lots of barking. Those dogs from the bakery alley took us over, and they've been planning it for a couple of days. We didn't expect them to strike so soon."

Hyunjin flinches at the mention of the dogs, the ones who got him.

"Anyways, minho woke us up. He had changbin turn into a human so he could defend us better, but as... As we were running away, a dog saw us and went after us.

Felix struck at it, and fell out of his pocket. Then minho came and got the dog off of him, and I tried to jump out and help, but changbin grabbed me and we kept running until we got here." He breaks down crying.

Hyunjin hugs him and rocks back and forth. We switch places, me taking over changbin.

My phone rings, so I put it on speaker.

"Meet us at the hospital. Chan's okay, but hurt. I think minho and Felix are alive."

Jisung and changbin perk up.

Changbin wakes up more fully after the news.

"Let's go-" he groans, standing up.

"Yah!" I grab his arm, standing up along with him.

He pulls on his shirt and grabs jisungs hand.

"Drive us there."

--

AnY one ElsE get That JYp tOok MinHo and FeliX???